Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This should shut PL and tbd RIGHT up. 

A £10m striker from Sheff United. 

PIF POWER! 

MITCHELL IS STILL A CUNT 

(am just starting this 18 months early. I don’t follow,  I set trends B) ) 

• Haha 3

My mate who's a Blades ST holder said this;

'He only really broke through last year and is a bit of unknown still.  But I suppose for £10m for Newcastle that's nowt and under Howe he's surely just going to improve.  Good deal alround i would say.  He wont have the pressure of being a main striker and can have time to develop under a decent gaffer and playing with decent players'

• Like 4

im sure Eddie will do a good job with him. I suspect this signing is a sign we'll be keeping Wilson as 2nd choice.

We've got Tonali and Willock back (like new signings). If Thiaw comes in that will shore up the defence so we should just spaff out heavily on a RW.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This should shut PL and tbd RIGHT up. 

A £10m striker from Sheff United. 

PIF POWER! 

no, I can assure you it won't.

we've obviously stocked up with shit goalkeepers and have moved on to the other side of the pitch.

• Haha 2

Young kid, could be great could be bang average. He certainly looks to have the athleticism needed. It just comes down to whether he can perform under PL pressure with PL level defenders and defences. And obviously it will also come down to how well he absorbs Howe's coaching. 

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

im sure Eddie will do a good job with him. I suspect this signing is a sign we'll be keeping Wilson as 2nd choice.

We've got Tonali and Willock back (like new signings). If Thiaw comes in that will shore up the defence so we should just spaff out heavily on a RW.

This bloke please 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolás_González_(footballer,_born_1998)

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

no, I can assure you it won't.

we've obviously stocked up with shit goalkeepers and have moved on to the other side of the pitch.

Back in your box, Grimace! 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

21 appearances, zero goals, zero assists.

He better be a late bloomer.

740full-david-brent.jpg

"You're still thinking about the bad stats, aren't you?"

• Haha 2

You were failing accountancy exams at 21, and now you're Ireland's 14th best pig farmer. 

This kid might one day make us as proud of him as we are of you. 

• Haha 2

Mental! This lad has been signed by people whose jobs hang on these decisions but folks are upset.

He's exactly what we needed, a young developmental striker to sit behind Isak and Wilson, he hopefully won't get near the pitch this season, as a starter anyway. Edit - unless of course he gets Eddie'd and is mint.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You just know that Wacky's facebook is a fucking shitshow. :lol:

I bet he's contributed to one (or more) of Tomeh's go fund me's at some point.

Definitely seems to fit the bill for a third striker. I agree that it certainly suggests Wilson is staying.

Isak, Wilson, & a young kid with potential is what we've been screaming out for for at least 12 months now. Now we have it so I'm happy with that.

There's a bit of Shola Ameobi in this kid. Bit of Isak too. Gangly and awkward. Do the big string bean types develop later? It would make sense, I guess. Have a growth spurt then you're an awkward nerd for a few years while you try and figure out how to run and shoot again. :lol: 

Regardless, it's always exciting when we sign a young attacking player.

A CB (Thiaw) and a massive RW signing to come, hopefully, and we're set for takeoff.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season