Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Minteh's stats this season are as good (if not better) than Antony's when he played for the best team in Eridivisie. 

Antony went for £82mil at 22 years old. Minteh is only 19!

How many more games had Anthony played?… not sure anyone outside of Man City and Chelsea have 40 mill for a teenager with barely one full season under his belt in a league where tackling is frowned upon… 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How many more games had Anthony played?… not sure anyone outside of Man City and Chelsea have 40 mill for a teenager with barely one full season under his belt in a league where tackling is frowned upon… 

I don't see the relevance of how many games he's played?

Cole Palmer had played 19 league games for City before he went to Chelsea. Endrick, Vinicius Jnr, Rodrygo all plucked from Brazil aged 17-18 for massive fees after barely turning professional. There's a race amongst the big clubs to beat each other to the next superstar. 

If he’s that highly rated you’d think the club would be doing everything to convince Almiron to go to Saudi Arabia. Rather than flog this kid to a PL rival. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

If he’s that highly rated you’d think the club would be doing everything to convince Almiron to go to Saudi Arabia. Rather than flog this kid to a PL rival. 

Possibly. But if his sale finances 2 or 3 signings the it might be a gamble worth taking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

If Minteh was in the class of player you’re describing I think it’s unlikely he’d have signed for Newcastle United tbh..

Like Bruno and Isak?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This is exactly why we bought Kuol and Minteh tbf.  

If we can make £30-40mil pure profit then that means we have wiggle room to keep Bruno/Isak AND buy an Olise or similar. 

agreed. If a bid of £40m comes in it’s a no brainer. He might turn out to be class but it’s someone else’s gamble and we can reinvest the cheddar elsewhere. We’re going to have to sell some players as long as this ffp bollocks is in place. Send him packing along with Miggy and Wilson and we’re looking at a decent war chest   

• Jaysus... 1

50 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Like Bruno and Isak?

Different stage of career. We haven’t produced a youngster as good as those you mention since Gazza and we’ve done precisely fuck all to help Minteh’s development apart from by him from Odense who will obviously get a cut, lowering the PSR benefit.

Maybe Edwards is doing some typical football journo maths ie Slot + Minteh + PSR = transfer . Maybe there’s something in it. It would be fuckin galling selling him to those fuckers mind 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

precisely this.

sell the bindipping cunts kuol instead.

Don’t even give them him. Even if Kuol had one leg, an STD and gingivitis still don’t flog him to Liverpool. Give them nowt man. Fuckall. Diddly squat.

4 hours ago, NJS said:

So a younger Dubravka then.

Rather someone who'll improve and won't demand first team football leaving money to invest elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I assume he's coming in as Pope's long term successor. Dubravka undoubtedly cost us points in the second half of the season and I suspect Howe wants him gone 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I assume he's coming in as Pope's long term successor. Dubravka undoubtedly cost us points in the second half of the season and I suspect Howe wants him gone 

I should think Dubs wants more game time too. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2024 at 17:46, Kid Dynamite said:

This is exactly why we bought Kuol and Minteh tbf.  

If we can make £30-40mil pure profit then that means we have wiggle room to keep Bruno/Isak AND buy an Olise or similar. 

Can we sell Minteh and deliver Kuol 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Leicester supposedly want Longstaff for 15 million, but that's according to the Mirror so take it for what you will. As much as I've criticised him I'd be holding out for 20m at least given the current state of transfer fees. But Longstaff seems like a good pure profit sacrifice when we have Tonali coming back, and Miley in the background, who can both do that cover ground and mopping up job. 

• Like 1

I dont see the value in letting Longstaff go for so little tbh. 

A 26 year old, experienced PL midfielder shouldnt be going anywhere for so little money. 

• Like 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season