Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Think Trafford would be a great signing. He is the right age as a keeper to be a 2nd choice to Pope for a couple of seasons then step in. 

He was on a hiding to nothing this season, he had played about 70 first team football matches at Bolton and Accrington Stanley prior to signing for a newly promoted side who play wide open football and concede a lot of chances. 

He has improvements to make but so do all young players, especially ones that have hardly played first team football.

• Like 3

Aye. He is 21. He won’t hit peak until about 30. Most young goalkeepers make a lot of mistake (Meslier is another one) but the better GKs eradicate them as they get older.

• Like 2

Chelsea have offered Tosin a contract today apparently. Given they've probably offered silly money, can offer Europe (just) and he wouldn't have to move house, I think we have our work cut out 

The mail confirmed the Chelsea offering Tosin a contract story, but they also said that we're still the favourites and are confident of getting the contract signed. That's the shite thing about transfer windows, we have to wait in this limbo until the 14th of June until any deal can become official, which obviously gives other clubs the opportunity to get in Tosin and Kelly's ears. 

54 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I love our fans :lol: 

Cleanest windows in the country, so long as they brushed their teeth after their coco pops.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The mail confirmed the Chelsea offering Tosin a contract story, but they also said that we're still the favourites and are confident of getting the contract signed. That's the shite thing about transfer windows, we have to wait in this limbo until the 14th of June until any deal can become official, which obviously gives other clubs the opportunity to get in Tosin and Kelly's ears. 

Apparently he was well impressed by Howe and the ambition of the club in the next couple of seasons so fingers crossed that’s more appealing than a slightly bigger wage packet and playing for 3 different managers a season

• Like 5

Honestly anyone who goes to Chelsea must be going for non-footballing reasons because it's clearly a club run by a complete basketcase who doesn't have a clue let alone a plan. Which, for me, means that having Chelsea after the same players as us is a blessing as it's a kind of inadvertent filtering process to identify the types of personalities we don't want in the dressing room. If Tosin chooses Chelsea then fair play to him. He gets a pay day. And we avoid signing a character who lacks the requisite level of ambition that we're after.

All that said, it's possibly the case that Chelsea are simply trying to drive up Tosin's wages and agent fee by feigning interest. But, then again, that would be a demonstration of a plan and some level of common sense, so I guess it's unlikely. :lol:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Everton want Kalvin Phillips after that loan move :lol:

He was at the play off final on Sunday.  All the Leeds fans begging him to go back.  Think Championship is his level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He was at the play off final on Sunday.  All the Leeds fans begging him to go back.  Think Championship is his level.

At least for a season to build his confidence/fitness and prove he can still do a job. Everton may well see their luck run out next season with Southampton and Leicester not exactly being pushovers, so joining them may see him getting championship football soon enough :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Dazzler said:

At least for a season to build his confidence/fitness and prove he can still do a job. Everton may well see their luck run out next season with Southampton and Leicester not exactly being pushovers, so joining them may see him getting championship football soon enough :lol:

Warning Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Sure we've been saying that for the last 3-4 seasons. They stink the league out for 90% of the season and then grind results out when they need it. We really need them to go down and go into financial ruin and cease to exist as a football club, never to be seen again. 

I think Everton are on the same course that Sunderland were on. 

The longer they took to go down, the worse it was and caused the next relegation. 

In many respects, I think we were lucky to be relegated when we were as it did us a few favours e.g. getting rid of the likes of Owen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toonotl said:

All that said, it's possibly the case that Chelsea are simply trying to drive up Tosin's wages and agent fee by feigning interest. But, then again, that would be a demonstration of a plan and some level of common sense, so I guess it's unlikely. :lol:

Ah the Eni Aluko approach to transfer negotiations :D

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It's always the fucking accountants

I haven't banged the drum forever in my defence though :lol: I expected them to stay up this season because the quality of the teams promoted were pure shite. Got a bit more hopeful with the points deduction for a spell though. However, the luck has to run out at some point, and Southampton and Leicester have squads good enough to survive IMO, which takes the safety net away at least.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sure we've been saying that for the last 3-4 seasons. They stink the league out for 90% of the season and then grind results out when they need it. We really need them to go down and go into financial ruin and cease to exist as a football club, never to be seen again. 

Fuck off with your "we've", Gemmill is the word you were looking for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season