Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Shelvey off to a newly promoted Turkish team. it’s hard to believe that everyone thought out season would collapse in January because we sold him and now he’s out getting hair plugs in the arse end of Marmaris

'everyone'? :lol: Howay now! I've told you a million times not to exaggerate, Ayatollah! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

There’s a few that got away this summer: Diaby, Maddison etc. But Alvarez who went to west ham feels like the one who would have improved us most in an area which we needed upgrading  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He’s not a 6

I know, it was a separate point that although Paqueta would be nice if we are to sign a CM we need a 6 rather than an 8 or 10. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There’s a few that got away this summer: Diaby, Maddison etc. But Alvarez who went to west ham feels like the one who would have improved us most in an area which we needed upgrading  

Yeah signing a 6 should have been the priority, I think Tonali become available and was seen as a stretch so they shifted plans (I feel Livramento is similar in that respect), and fully agree Alvarez would have been a great signing. Although I like Maddison 6 is the main position we miss in our midfield, and despite his really good start with Spurs they have largely had easy fixtures. 

My worry is I’ve heard Howe sees Bruno as a 6 despite many of the recruitment side seeing him as an 8 with a 6 being priority to sign. A Bruno - Alvarez - Tonali midfield would have been great to see. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season