Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

8 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Looks like £45m (after add one). Interesting to see if he will lead the line for spurs instead of richarlison. 

He plays in the same position as James Maddison. They've dropped £85mil on 2 x attacking midfielders to replace their 30 goal a season striker 

Amrabat was very good at the WC but you’ve always got to be wary of signing players off the back of good tournaments. Seem to remember him and Fiorentina being very powerless to stop us in the summer…

Also, :lol: at Forest. They held it in for as long as they could only to make the 7 signings on deadline day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Hendrick to Sheff Wed. 

what a start to the day. Magic.

One thing about Hendrick, he is willing to go out on loan and play football. Whilst we have others just sat collecting wages here and doing naff all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Amrabat was very good at the WC but you’ve always got to be wary of signing players off the back of good tournaments. Seem to remember him and Fiorentina being very powerless to stop us in the summer…

Also, :lol: at Forest. They held it in for as long as they could only to make the 7 signings on deadline day

Forest have signed a player from Olympiakos who is owned by their owner. For an undisclosed fee. But because they're no threat to the Top 6 or balance of power fuck all is said. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not sure I agree with that. He went on loan to Norwich last season so obviously willing. And I suspect that he failed his medical at Luton.

Oh forgot about Norwich. Apparently it wasn't a medical issue it was a player issue. According to the Luton gaffer 

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I was really impressed with Amrabat at the World Cup. But Morocco played in a very well drilled, defensive style where despite his being nominally a defensive midfielder, he seemed to have had licence to go chasing the ball breaking up play. He did that very well but he didn’t create a lot and scores about a goal a season, if he’s lucky. I’m not sure how that would translate into a side like Man Utd, especially when they’re at home with how they’re expected to play etc. I must admit I haven’t seen loads of him at Fiorentina like 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I was really impressed with Amrabat at the World Cup. But Morocco played in a very well drilled, defensive style where despite his being nominally a defensive midfielder, he seemed to have had licence to go chasing the ball breaking up play. He did that very well but he didn’t create a lot and scores about a goal a season, if he’s lucky. I’m not sure how that would translate into a side like Man Utd, especially when they’re at home with how they’re expected to play etc. I must admit I haven’t seen loads of him at Fiorentina like 

Aye, they were very much better than the sum of their parts which is the last thing you can say about Man United. Mind, I also just want him to fail because fuck Man United so I am biased

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Maddison looking pretty impressive for Spurs on MOTD

Still early days, obvs, but going for Barnes instead of Maddison already kind of feels like a sliding doors moment.

Three of of our £30m+ signings can’t get into a team that’s lost three on the bounce 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Still early days, obvs, but going for Barnes instead of Maddison already kind of feels like a sliding doors moment.

Three of of our £30m+ signings can’t get into a team that’s lost three on the bounce 

Barnes needs his opportunity. He's had brief moments but he will get his chance. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season