Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Obviously there’s a degree of risk with both signings but so is spending £100m+ on Caicedo or £60m on Lavia.

Its big money on two inexperienced players but it isn’t crazy money in this market 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Signing two full backs with hardly any experience for about 70m is some ridiculous money though, if we manage to sign Hall obviously.

I do hope those two are really worth it.

Have you looked at what Citeh have spent on their defence lately under Pep? If buying Botman, Livramento and Hall, plus another young defender to take over from Schar, costs us in the region of 130-150m that will be seen as very cheap, given how long our defence could potentially be sorted for. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I don't know what will be his position in the team, but can we add Gillespie to that?

Oh aye. I'm surprised we gave both him and Karius new contracts tbh. I assumed that meant Dubravka would be off 

Just thinking that with all this inverted full back craic both Livramento and especially Hall can push into midfield given their ability on the ball. That switch between positions when you're in and out of possession seems like the major new thing when it comes to tactics. 

Edited by Polarboy

55 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Hahahahaha I don't know anything. I only give my opinion on things about which I may have certain concepts or knowledge.

I'm bookmarking this for whenever someone questions me in the future.

• Haha 10

I'm sure there will be a few outgoings from our squad over the next week or so. We do seem to be overloaded with keepers and midfielders. Given we've got Burn, Schar, Botman and Lascelles (and Dummett if needed) at CB I think we will be ok. If a CB does come in then that has to be a 10/10 window. We've got good cover in Midfield, up front 2 to rotate. Probably need to look at nurturing some youth striker for the future.

Great depth, really intelligent, forward thinking by the club. Our acquisitions on and off the field are off the scale compared to what we've been used to. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm sure there will be a few outgoings from our squad over the next week or so. We do seem to be overloaded with keepers and midfielders. Given we've got Burn, Schar, Botman and Lascelles (and Dummett if needed) at CB I think we will be ok. If a CB does come in then that has to be a 10/10 window. We've got good cover in Midfield, up front 2 to rotate. Probably need to look at nurturing some youth striker for the future.

Great depth, really intelligent, forward thinking by the club. Our acquisitions on and off the field are off the scale compared to what we've been used to. 

Who was the young lad who made a few appearances in preseason.

fwiw, I think in Isak, Wilson plus Barnes, and Gordon I think we're fine for depth up front. the only place we're really short is RCB.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Diego has something called humility. Maybe bookmark the meaning of that 😉

Don’t be fooled into thinking our resident Spanish Toontastic correspondent doesn’t know his apples. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yes, but you are giving your opinion on things you have certainly no knowledge. That’s the difference. 😉 

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Diego has something called humility. Maybe bookmark the meaning of that 😉

Don’t be fooled into thinking our resident Spanish Toontastic correspondent doesn’t know his apples. 

Humility is boring, I choose Hubris, I choose Violence. 

season 4 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season