Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I don't think that would be bad business by West Ham. Getting two half decent players with loads of PL experience for a club with mid-table ambitions make sense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't think that would be bad business by West Ham. Getting two half decent players with loads of PL experience for a club with mid-table ambitions make sense.

Yeah so imagine we sell a player of Rice’s standard and replaced him with a player of McTominay’s standard? Can you imagine Twitter? :lol: 

That's why I stated that they're a club with mid-table ambitions. Their fans must know that they aren't going to get a player anywhere close to Rice's ability. McTominay is a solid option for a club of their stature.

29 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’re not talking about normal rational people though, we’re talking about internet football supporters :D 

Not all football fans are deluded morons and to prove that fact I went on a West Ham forum to see what they thought about McTominay. All I could see though was many of them convinced that they're going to sign Fati from Barcelona.

You win this one, PL.

Mad The Simpsons GIF

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’re not talking about normal rational people though, we’re talking about internet football supporters :D 

Wish Alf Garnett was still around, and tech savvy, just for this.

I don't think McTominay or Maguire are as bad when viewed through West Ham's lens. Their biggest issue is that, once again they don't have a goal scorer up front. I've never seen a club struggle to competently fill a position like this. 

They've spent €287,003,000.00 on strikers since 1992. Recent highlights include.

Haller €50m highest return 7 goals. 

Scamacca €36m highest return 3 goals. 

Arnautovic €22.3m highest return 11 goals. 

Carrol €17.5m highest return 9 goals.

Chicharito €17.8m highest return 8 goals. 

• Like 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season