Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

£40m for ASM is a realistic transfer for any club. If the Saudis were willing to break transfer records for him it would be stinking but given what they've already paid for players in the twilight of their careers I'd be actually telling them to fuck off. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Are we seriously thinking we can get Khvicha Kvaratskhelia? 

Nope.

The best we can hope from this is that it calms down the numpties on Twitter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I don't even seriously think I could say his name out loud.

And to think people complained about Szoboszlai!

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2023 at 07:29, Gemmill said:

Under normal circumstances, I'd say we should only be letting the absolute dross go. ASM can start games and change games so, given how thin the squad is and the fact we clearly are still being very careful with transfers, I'd sooner we keep him.

However, this is the summer that these Saudi clubs are going mental, so maybe we just have to take advantage of a set of circumstances that might only be fleeting. Good luck if he goes, he's gonna be fucking minted for life.

This is an unacceptable about face from you. You gave me endless shit because of my defence of Robert, Ben Arfa and ASM. Derided as a romantic, mocked as a lover of all things fancy, but now I've accepted that what is best for the club and the player is a change, you're wanting him to stay?!

Outrageous. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is an unacceptable about face from you. You gave me endless shit because of my defence of Robert, Ben Arfa and ASM. Derided as a romantic, mocked as a lover of all things fancy, but now I've accepted that what is best for the club and the player is a change, you're wanting him to stay?!

Outrageous. 

Dave, this is pragmatism. It's not the foolish romanticism thst we used to get from you. You better learn to tell the difference and you better learn QUICK!

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Look at it this way, if ASM played for another club then would Eddie Howe be interested in signing him? 

No chance.

You could probably say that for most of the squad here when he arrived.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dave, this is pragmatism. It's not the foolish romanticism thst we used to get from you. You better learn to tell the difference and you better learn QUICK!

You want him to stay, how is that pragmatic? The pragmatic position is; Sell ASM for c£40m, use that to bring in players who're more aligned to Eddies way.

Definitely a saleable asset. And add that his sale goes against the wishes of the board's biggest pain in the ass. And LTA likes him too. What's not to like?

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nothing will bring the stats bros back together quicker than this. Stats is thicker than water.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season