Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Good luck shifting Maguire to anyone 1) willing to pay anything like his current wages or 2) for the sort of fee Man Utd will want. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Good luck shifting Maguire to anyone 1) willing to pay anything like his current wages or 2) for the sort of fee Man Utd will want. 

I just hope our Saudi overlords aren’t doing something stupid to distract the conspiracy theories of the mlfs.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Do you know how reliable Plettenberg is? I see he’s Sky Sports Germany so I’d be a little surprised if he was really unreliable. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Why can't they buy some of our shite? They've got this sportswashing wrong! 

Our shite aren't decorated internationals unfortunately! 

Howe's comments after the match today suggested he was a little frustrated with the pace of our transfer dealings so far. Explicitly said the squad isn't currently up to playing twice a week all season 

Kane is on the latest episode of that YouTube channel where they get people on eating hot wings and chat to them. :lol:

They get Jennifer Lawrence and all sorts of stars and now they've got this div that can't talk properly even when his face isn't numb from chilli.

• Haha 7

Under normal circumstances, I'd say we should only be letting the absolute dross go. ASM can start games and change games so, given how thin the squad is and the fact we clearly are still being very careful with transfers, I'd sooner we keep him.

However, this is the summer that these Saudi clubs are going mental, so maybe we just have to take advantage of a set of circumstances that might only be fleeting. Good luck if he goes, he's gonna be fucking minted for life.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Our shite aren't decorated internationals 

Step up Northern Ireland's Jamal Lewis.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've got nee money, but are still offering €100mil for players apparently :lol: 

Apparently he's 22 but looks more like 32 in that picture imho

Going to say it now…despite PiF blatantly helping Chelsea out earlier in the window I think it’s an incredibly bad look for us to sell anyone to a Saudi club owned by PiF. If it were another club we’d all criticise it to say the least . I don’t think our owners have done much wrong since they’ve bought us, the shit that’s been chucked our way has been largely jealousy. This is different, it’s gaming to gain an advantage in the transfer market. 

All that being said, if we end up with one of the best young attacking talents on the planet in kvaratskhelia my principles will very likely be out the fucking window the moment I’m in a football ground and see him in a black and white shirt :D 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Going to say it now…despite PiF blatantly helping Chelsea out earlier in the window I think it’s an incredibly bad look for us to sell anyone to a Saudi club owned by PiF. If it were another club we’d all criticise it to say the least . I don’t think our owners have done much wrong since they’ve bought us, the shit that’s been chucked our way has been largely jealousy. This is different, it’s gaming to gain an advantage in the transfer market. 

All that being said, if we end up with one of the best young attacking talents on the planet in kvaratskhelia my principles will very likely be out the fucking window the moment I’m in a football ground and see him in a black and white shirt :D 

How's it any different to Sesko moving from RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig? Or Jack Harrison moving from NY to City?

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

How's it any different to Sesko moving from RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig? Or Jack Harrison moving from NY to City?

Because, as previously mentioned, he was one of the best players in the world last season. That’s a massive difference if we use a transfer fee from our own owners to finance a move for one of the best players in the world. 

I think it’s highly unlikely. But I think there’s a good chance that ASM will go to Saudi… 

I’d be more against it if I didn’t believe that FFP was a total heap of fucking bullshit that was designed purely to keep the established elite in place. When you look at how little we get from the CL compared to others and the minor punishments Manchester United and teams like that receive for breaking FFP it just shows how nonsensical the whole thing is. 

FWIW I think multi club ownership is one of the biggest threats to fairness, but kind of how KD mentions other clubs do it, while not directly funding a purchase of a top player they’re strengthening - the fee paid for Sesko was a joke for example, the Harrison and Mooy deals both of which were sold on for huge profits. Brighton and Villa have both been called out by UEFA, Arsenal and clubs like it historically used their status and sometimes minor ownership to funnel African prospects into their club using that ability to get around visa requirements. Watfords owners have had great success (comparatively) pushing players from Udinese to Watford which allowed them to get into the PL. 

My preference would be that you flat out can’t own multiple clubs, but similarly to FFP it’s suited the elite so until they get rid of it fuck them. I also don’t think ASM going there for £40m is ridiculous, no more so than other deals (Neves got similar) it’s not like they’re planning to buy Hendricks for £100m or something. 

• Like 6

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season