Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

After a certain period of time, the fact that he still thinks he's playing a game of bluff rather than just being given NOTHING by the club is concerning.

He thinks he's Watson to Howe's Holmes. He's Clueless

FYP

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well I hope you all enjoyed last season because it's all downhill from here.

Remember when Edwards said our Summer budget would be £90m. It was £160m

Or when he said there was no chance of the takeover in 2021, just 80 days before it did.

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol:  Meltdown at the Wearside League for Middle Eastern Human Rights (formed Oct 2021) 

Jordan Henderson has revealed he is always 'conscious' that whatever he does to support the LGBT+ campaigns in Qatar will 'never be enough'.

The Liverpool captain has spoken proudly of his support for the LGBT+ community in the past and has often worn rainbow laces in support of the campaigns.

Henderson told BBC Sport about his support of the campaigns in Qatar ahead of the World Cup: "When you do things as a team or as players, I'm always conscious that no matter what we do that it will never be enough.

"You've got to be satisfied in your own mind and know what you're doing you think is right and go with that. Unless they're offering a fuck ton of money, in which case allahu akbar"

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Huffed at being used as a diversionary tactic :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

“We” :lol: Edwards is the biggest wind up merchant going. He’s the same one that constantly attacks fans for being impatient, he likely will a week after this story. 

I get fans being impatient but his article is nonsensical, when you look at others around us we’re not really an outlier:

Liverpool- brought in MacAllister & Szoboszlai probably the most advanced in the market so far. 
Brighton - lost Colwill & Macallister, brought in Joao Pedro, Dahoud, Milner and a keeper, under pressure of losing Caicedo

Arsenal - Havertz in, Rice pending

Man City - lost Gundogan, brought in Kovacic

Villa- brought Pau Torres, Tielemans and a couple loans in

Man U - Mount in

Spurs - Maddison, Porro, and Solomon in, (didn’t count Kulu since he was already there) under pressure of losing Kane

Newcastle - Tonali in, Barnes seemingly close. 

We have more weak points in the squad than a few of the teams listed but we still have around 2 months. I just think it’s an overly negative article and further underlines how little info he’s actually getting. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

“We” :lol: Edwards is the biggest wind up merchant going. He’s the same one that constantly attacks fans for being impatient, he likely will a week after this story. 

I get fans being impatient but his article is nonsensical, when you look at others around us we’re not really an outlier:

Liverpool- brought in MacAllister & Szoboszlai probably the most advanced in the market so far. 
Brighton - lost Colwill & Macallister, brought in Joao Pedro, under pressure of losing Caicedo

Arsenal - Havertz in, Rice pending

Man City - lost Gundogan, brought in Kovacic

Villa- brought Pau Torres in

Man U - Mount in

Spurs - Maddison in, under pressure of losing Kane

Newcastle - Tonali in, Barnes seemingly close. 

We have more weak points in the squad than a few of the teams listed but we still have around 2 months. I just think it’s an overly negative article and further underlines how little info he’s actually getting. 

He's not a wind up merchant, he's a wound up merchant of shite. Not happy at having the piss taken out of him by everyone else he's joined the party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Ah, good old David__Ornsten.

:lol: He got a load of people with his Chiesa post yesterday too. Big Frank Chippa will always be above all others for this mind

• Like 2

Barnes in, ASM out, and Chiesa, or someone like him, in would be very nice. We could also shake it all about and do the hokey cokey. But it might be the case that Howe thinks Barnes and Gordon are sufficient in terms of first choice wingers. 

Edwards is one of those sad little men every workplace has. Incompetent and largely clueless but has managed to stick around long enough to know enough people in the industry and scrape by a 'career'. 

I think we could actually start the season with just Tonali and maybe Barnes as the additions. As we near the window's close and activity really hots up I expect we'll make a couple of more moves to get players in, especially a LB. The club will wait that long for the right player and deal if necessary as they've already shown the last couple of windows. 

A couple of Saudi bids really would help though seeing as they are everyone else :lol: How about having the chance to demonstrate those ballan d'or ambitions to Ronaldo and Benzema eh Maxi? :naughty:

• Haha 2

If we don't sell ASM, then the decision to spend big money on Barnes is mental when Isak, ASM, Gordon and Joelinton can play there. And we are one injury away from Lascelles being our starting CB for the whole season 

Buying Barnes, should it be confirmed, surely all but guarantees that ASM is on his way. There's been rumours that ASM would be sold for the right price for a year at least. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season