Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Oh he isnt attacking free speech.

Hes stupid  

He has completely fucked twitter in the last 24 hours mostly by accident and now hes trying to save face.

20230702_124207.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-06-21/twitter-resumes-paying-google-cloud-patching-up-relationship?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&sref=y3YMCJ4e

Apparently not

I deactivated my account a while back. But I’d been getting the same recently whereby you got the sign-in page when you followed a link. I don’t miss the cesspit tbh. But I’d assumed Musk was trying to force people into signing up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

What a fucking idiot. 

Also, I'm pretty sure the last sentence of @Rayvin's post is sarcasm.

If anyone is on Mastodon, let me know your username. 

That place is destined to become a bit of a white elephant 

• Haha 1

Roman Pavlyuchenko the ex Spuds striker is quoted as saying that us and Citeh are believed to be interested in Eduard Spertsyan a 23 year old Armenian attacking mid, who plays for Krasnodar. Pavlyuchenko advised him to choose us given he'd probably get game time right away. He has very impressive numbers, 16 goals and 14 assists last season, but obviously it is only the Russian league. 

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Roman Pavlyuchenko the ex Spuds striker is quoted as saying that us and Citeh are believed to be interested in Eduard Spertsyan a 23 year old Armenian attacking mid, who plays for Krasnodar. Pavlyuchenko advised him to choose us given he'd probably get game time right away. He has very impressive numbers, 16 goals and 14 assists last season, but obviously it is only the Russian league. 

Have no real sense for how good the Russia league is but those numbers are decent. Is it better than the Scottish league?

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Have no real sense for how good the Russia league is but those numbers are decent. Is it better than the Scottish league?

I don't know for sure, but let's say yes 😂 The Russian league is ranked sixth on the UEFA coefficient. Of course a lot of that is probably down to teams like Spartak Moscow doing well in Europe, so likely doesn't speak to how competitive the league is. It's quite a tenuous link even with the quote from the ex Spuds striker, but he sounds interesting and ideal for us in that he's a creative attacking mid but can also play wide. A pretty similar profile to Szoboszlai actually. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are we allowed to trade with Russian clubs?

Hopefully, purely for the Weirdside seethe

End Of The World Mind Blown GIF by Daybreak

• Haha 4

Marcel Sabitzer on the market for €15m.

Wages would probably break our structure as they stand but thats a very reasonable price for someone who could really round out our midfield and be a more experienced head in our relatively young squad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are we allowed to trade with Russian clubs?

The only stipulation that I seen was that PL teams weren't allowed to sign players from the Russian league on short term deals when the war first broke out. Some other European countries did I think. So as far as I'm aware as long as you are signing them permanently there's no issue. In fairness it would be crazy to not allow players who aren't even Russian leave a Russian team. Not that I think there should be any sanctions against Russian footballers either. 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

That place is destined to become a bit of a white elephant 

Jesus Christ Alex. I mean, Jesus Christ!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Jesus Christ Alex. I mean, Jesus Christ!

Nailed on you’ll use it at your next dinner party 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/02/newcastle-kalvin-phillips-conor-gallagher-tino-livramento/

Do we really need Phillips or Gallagher? We've got 5 CMs who will be expecting to start and Anderson who can play there too. 

I don’t think Gallagher improves us, we could use a Phillips in the 6 with Bruno and Tonali as 8’s mind. I’d prefer we signed Thuram or even Lavia tbf, right wing is still our priority imo as you look at how many chances we create and the ball control we have in most games neither is our main problem it’s the finishing. 

37 minutes ago, Howay said:

I don’t think Gallagher improves us, we could use a Phillips in the 6 with Bruno and Tonali as 8’s mind. I’d prefer we signed Thuram or even Lavia tbf, right wing is still our priority imo as you look at how many chances we create and the ball control we have in most games neither is our main problem it’s the finishing. 

We are profligate at times, but I still think we need someone who can play wide, but is generally an attacking mid who can unlock a low block with creative through balls, one-two's etc. That's why missing out on Szoboszlai was such a kick in the bollocks. We keep hearing that Bruno will move higher up the pitch should we sign a six, but I'm not sure that's the plan. I think Tonali coming will allow one of him or Bruno to go while the other hangs back, and they'll share defensive responsibilities, but I still think we need an out and out creator. Buying a more clinical and consistent version of either Murphy or Almiron would be great, but as Howe has mentioned he wants players who can play multiple positions, and I think we need that attacking mid 10/winger. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gordon scoring again. He's making a decent case for being a backup at no.9, as well as LW/RW/CM. I know he didn't set the world on fire the last 6 months but you can see why Howe wanted him 

If he could be converted into that Vardy role with his pace he could be very useful. Of course say what you will about Vardy but his instincts as a striker are of a high level. Whether Gordon has those instincts within or he can be taught in another matter entirely. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season