Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

he'll be a star there. all he needs to do is keep playing at his current level, learn the language and perform his media duties and they'll love him 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, strawb said:

Imagine if his brother does end up at the mackems. Christmas dinner will be good chat.

Well his brother will be even better than him if he does end up there 

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, strawb said:

Imagine if his brother does end up at the mackems. Christmas dinner will be good chat.

'What do you mean they've got 6 fingers?'

'Honestly Jude, its weird.  Pass the cranberry sauce'

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ritchie, Dummet, Karius, Gillespie all taking up squad places. I assume that means Dubravka is getting sold 

Helps towards the homegrown quota for the CL I suppose.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ritchie, Dummet, Karius, Gillespie all taking up squad places. I assume that means Dubravka is getting sold 

Shows you how key Ritchie & Dummett are to the overall squad.  Glad tbh.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Massive new football fwiends/twinned city opportunity for them if they end up with Bellingham's brother.

“Our historians have uncovered the FACT that Real Madrid’s original shirts were bought from SAFC by a travelling merchant called Tio Miguel, (who had a brief affair with a retarded Staffie, their kids and descendants still live in the area). 

Whilst originally red and white stripes, the intense sunlight in that part Spain washed out the colours and left them with plain white shirts. “

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, NJS said:

Still seems a shame about Matty Longstaff. 

His brother was de-Bruced so I don't see why he couldn't be or at least more of an attempt made. 

I think the big difference is that Sean actually had some quality pre Bruce.  Unfortunately Matty was never going to make the grade.

27 minutes ago, strawb said:

Does Gillespie count as home grown for European squad spots? 

I don't think he was at the club long enough as a kid to qualify. Dummett and Longstaff are the only two players I can see who qualify as club home grown. Anderson too but he'll be on the u-21 list.

• Like 1

Dubravka, Lascelles, ASM, Lewis, Krafth, Fraser, Darlow, Hayden, Hendrick hopefully all to go as well. Most of the Ashley/Bruce-era crap will be flushed at that point and we can focus on building a squad capable of competing domestically and in Europe. 

The only one out of that lot I'll feel any attachment to is Dubravka, but I lost most of my respect for him after he took the huff and fucked off to sit on Man U's bench instead of ours. The rest are all varying degrees of rubbish that needs taking out. 

• Like 1

Shame for Matty has I assume he is still rehabbing. Hope they at least get him fit despite no contract.

Dummet and Ritchie are odd ones. I don't see them playing at all. Dummett only appeared once (?) against Tranmere as per my recollection.

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Shame for Matty has I assume he is still rehabbing. Hope they at least get him fit despite no contract.

Dummet and Ritchie are odd ones. I don't see them playing at all. Dummett only appeared once (?) against Tranmere as per my recollection.

Both meant to be vital components behinds the scenes though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

They said he's still training at the club whilst in rehab

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Milner to Brighton.

I find that odd tbh.  Dummett must be quicker than him now.

Aye but he still covered more distance than any other PL player per 90 last season.

People seem to be under the impression that it’s going to be a quick and simple job off loading all Bruce era players, presumably to be replaced by Carlos Kickaball or Umoogie GratexG types who had good numbers on FIFA 2022 or some shit. Am not sure what is going to get the messsage to these that it’s not a Man City or Chelsea type project. Yes, we can see that you can identify a player who on the face of it doesn’t have much of a future at NUFC, well done you. This is the 3rd window of the new regime.  Let’s have some patience and see what it looks like after five :cuppa:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye but he still covered more distance than any other PL player per 90 last season.

Chasing the ball most of the time.

Liverpool get Mac allister and they get Milner.  Well done Liverpool.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season