Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

35 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Eddie Howe has tipped Alexander Isak to be ‘like a new signing’ for Newcastle United when he completes his return from a thigh injury.

We aren't getting anyone in January. Howe has been mugging us all off. He is the new Steve Bruce.

Aye Eddie has said Isak has told him he wants to roll wor sleeves up.

It's all downhill from here lads!

• Haha 4

Just to clarify, my last post was a joke. Although I think this is clear, you can never be to sure with some people.

What is bizarre is that last year, I wasn't sure about Howe and 'I knew' exactly who we needed and what to do to fix the mess. I wished away Christmas then sat panicking, even after we got Trippier (even I grasped that he was a great signing but not where I would have started).

This year is such a treat. We might get the next Bruno, Botman or Isak. I am loving these players arriving a few days after I have heard their name for the first time. Not only are they top players on the up, rather on the way back down but we also don't seem to spend weeks hearing about something that does not happen. The closest that happened was waiting between windows to go back in for Botman.

I think what I have enjoyed the most is seeing how Howe has transformed Joelinton, Almiron and to a degree the likes of Willock and Longstaff. My first real manager for Newcastle was Bobby Robson and I never thought I would have the same level of respect or blind sense if loyalty in a manager here again. 

I genuinely have no feelings as to whether we are/ or should go in big or wait till the summer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCR said:

I have just heard from a Central Coast Marriners fan.

Garang Kuol has a UK work permit

Still likely to go on loan but at least within the UK which will allow the club to keep an eye on him better. 

14 minutes ago, DCR said:

I have just heard from a Central Coast Marriners fan.

Garang Kuol has a UK work permit

I can understand why people thought he wouldn’t qualify but since we agreed to sign him he’s been a regular starter for his club and made two appearances at the World Cup. He mightn’t automatically qualify but you’d imagine there should be no problem getting him a work permit on appeal.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I can understand why people thought he wouldn’t qualify but since we agreed to sign him he’s been a regular starter for his club and made two appearances at the World Cup. He mightn’t automatically qualify but you’d imagine there should be no problem getting him a work permit on appeal.

Probably helped by the post-Brexit new relationship with Oz 🙂 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He can't be any fucking worse than Wood. I'd be shipping out Murphy or Fraser and getting Kuol on the bench for the 2nd half of the season 

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn’t be loaning him out if we can avoid it. Even if he’s not ready for the first team it would do no harm to have him work with Eddie Howe and get acclimatised to English football.

• Like 2

Hugely inexperienced Aussie teenagers aren’t the answer to anything at NUFC in January 2023. I doubt we’ll be signing a back up to Wilson with Isak back on the scene soon either . The “23 WORLD CLASS PLAYERS EDDIE NOW!!!” merchants need to to pipe down, it’s not happening. Wood is limited to say the least but Maddison isn’t a like for like replacement either, then you’ve got folk hollering on about upgrades to Willock and Longstaff, cover at full back etc it’s not all going to be solved in this window, it never is in January, it’s always tricky. 

We might get Maddison type (agree with ewerk, can’t see them letting him go) a midfielder and a fullback.  It might push us over the line into 4th. Which is the best we can hope for this season iyam. 

• Like 3

If Maddison was involved in that squad yesterday we would have won.

I'd seriously spunk a load of cash on him now (providing he fits in with intensity of this team). Tielemans would be good too but think he is seeing his contract out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hugely inexperienced Aussie teenagers aren’t the answer to anything at NUFC in January 2023. I doubt we’ll be signing a back up to Wilson with Isak back on the scene soon either . The “23 WORLD CLASS PLAYERS EDDIE NOW!!!” merchants need to to pipe down, it’s not happening. Wood is limited to say the least but Maddison isn’t a like for like replacement either, then you’ve got folk hollering on about upgrades to Willock and Longstaff, cover at full back etc it’s not all going to be solved in this window, it never is in January, it’s always tricky. 

We might get Maddison type (agree with ewerk, can’t see them letting him go) a midfielder and a fullback.  It might push us over the line into 4th. Which is the best we can hope for this season iyam. 

Nobody’s asking you misery guts :lol: 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Announce........ M'BAPPE! 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’ve got folk hollering on about upgrades to Willock and Longstaff, cover at full back etc it’s not all going to be solved in this window, it never is in January, it’s always tricky... 

We might get a Maddison, type a midfielder and a fullback...

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Yes young man, what is it you don’t understand? Am suggesting one of these modern day no.10s/ part time inverted wingers  a central midfielder and a full back, possibly 2 if we get this kid from West Ham..

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Yes young man, what is it you don’t understand? Am suggesting one of these modern day no.10s/ part time inverted wingers  a central midfielder and a full back, possibly 2 if we get this kid from West Ham..

Your segue from folks wanting 3 new players in those positions being unrealistic, to we might get 3 new players in those positions ... ;) 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Your segue from folks wanting 3 new players in those positions being unrealistic, to we might get 3 new players in those positions ... ;) 

:lol: yeah you’re right. I just don’t think we’ll get another centre forward in…unless Wood is loaned out somewhere? 🤔 :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Announce........ M'BAPPE! 

Suck........ M'BALLS!

Sorry, I just thought I'd start the new year by posting in the style of Gemmill to see how it feels. It's quite tingly.

• Haha 6

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season