Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Of course the other factor is players, especially near the end of their contracts, often get the moves they want. If they both want to come here they’ll end up here, even if it’s not both of them in January 

I’d be very surprised if Leicester sold either of them this window never mind both of them. They’ve rebuffed Arsenal’s interest in Tielemans for over a year now despite him effectively downing tools in the second half of last season. They played hardball with Chelsea over Fofana and only sold him when they were happy with the fee despite being under financial pressure themselves all summer. 

The talk is that they could get about £20m for Tielemans and with their PL safety still far from guaranteed would it be worth them doing a deal at that price? Though maybe they’ve learned their lesson and won’t want the same thing to happen with Maddison but the offers we were making for him last summer were insulting.

• Like 1

I honestly don’t follow stuff closely enough these days but I was also under the impression the cash had dried up a bit. I would say, looking at them they need to revamp the squad too. I know Maddison is still doing a job for them and is hugely important but money talks and all that. Totally agree we’d have to bid more than we did last summer for him. I wouldn’t spend £20m on a player who’ll be free come the summer though. 

I think their problem was with their wage bill and their inability to get rid of a lot of dead wood.

Maddison is simply too important for them to sell, he’s been involved in nearly half their goals this season. The only way he leaves in January is either because of a massive bid or him going on strike.

£20m for Tielemans would be a steal. Yes, we can wait to the summer to get him on a free but by then there will be a number of clubs looking him. By offering Leicester reasonable money for him now we can steal a march on the others but as I said before, what’s £20m compared to the hit they would take from relegation?

I don't think we need massive incomings in Jan. Hopefully we could clear some deadwood.

I would be happy with some decent cover coming in Jan for Trippier incase he gets injured. That Harrison Ashby from West Ham sounds ideal and well rated but probably take him a while to get up to speed again as his head seemed to have dropped when he didn't get the move in the summer.

Obviously central midfield is a bit light for cover at the min. I think there is a decent chance of getting Tielemans. His head did drop when he didn't get his move so if we make an offer would Rogers rather have some money to spend on a replacement or a senior player with his head down for the rest of the season and then likely leave for nowt?

I wasn't overly impressed with him when I've seen him but then again see Joe and Miggy under the cabbage and how they are under Eddie.

I think we can make it through the rest of the season with the other areas having decent cover.

Despite his limitations I think Wood does a good job and gives 100% for the team, especially the high press. With Isak coming back I think we should be grand.

I'm not expecting anything massive changes. Hopefully we can keep in the European spots come the end of the season and then have a big selling point to a higher calibre of players in the summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RobElliott said:

I don't think we need massive incomings in Jan. Hopefully we could clear some deadwood.

I would be happy with some decent cover coming in Jan for Trippier incase he gets injured. That Harrison Ashby from West Ham sounds ideal and well rated but probably take him a while to get up to speed again as his head seemed to have dropped when he didn't get the move in the summer.

Obviously central midfield is a bit light for cover at the min. I think there is a decent chance of getting Tielemans. His head did drop when he didn't get his move so if we make an offer would Rogers rather have some money to spend on a replacement or a senior player with his head down for the rest of the season and then likely leave for nowt?

I wasn't overly impressed with him when I've seen him but then again see Joe and Miggy under the cabbage and how they are under Eddie.

I think we can make it through the rest of the season with the other areas having decent cover.

Despite his limitations I think Wood does a good job and gives 100% for the team, especially the high press. With Isak coming back I think we should be grand.

I'm not expecting anything massive changes. Hopefully we can keep in the European spots come the end of the season and then have a big selling point to a higher calibre of players in the summer.

And there’s the young fella coming in from Aussieland who may well get a first team squad chance.

More mental gymnastics required as RTG were staunchly pro-Ronaldo due to Messi taking the Saudi coin and refs being payed off to let Argentina win the World Cup for that reason despite it being in Qatar. 
Also funny as Juve have spent the last few weeks blowing smoke up Ronaldo’s arse via their various social media outlets, presumably hoping he might go there for the rest of the season 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season