Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

While this could of course be bollocks I really don’t think the new Chelsea ownership understand how FFP works, I can’t see any way that they’ve not completely overstepped it in the summer let alone the Nkuku transfer and the fact they’re seemingly still active. 

It’s also possible they do understand it and have some plan to take it to court when the inevitable punishment comes through. 

Edited by Howay

55 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We're not spending much as per the Palmersville Pinot Prick, that'll be an exciting signing incoming then.

How! What you saying like? 
Oh, you mean Luke Edwards 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 8

Would've made more sense in summer since he is sort of a fancy Shelvey.

But with Shelvey being injured we've not needed a fancy Shelvey this season we need a fancy longstaff to upgrade in midfield really.

• Like 3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11579601/Jonjo-Shelveys-Newcastle-future-doubt-injury-blow.html

Wouldn't be surprised if we only see Shelvey coming off the bench for the rest of the season. I'd take him for another year as a squad player, but on reduced terms 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I feel a bit sorry for him as he upped his game after Howe came in and went away and got fitter than he’s ever been before, losing loads of weight and looking really lean. I wonder if these injury breakdowns are just a result of his body not being used to it. He got away with playing the game at his own pace for most of his career 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I feel a bit sorry for him as he upped his game after Howe came in and went away and got fitter than he’s ever been before, losing loads of weight and looking really lean. I wonder if these injury breakdowns are just a result of his body not being used to it. He got away with playing the game at his own pace for most of his career 

Personally I’d be thoroughly disappointed if he was to get a new deal. I’m hoping we bring in a CM or two, unregister Shelvey to ensure we won’t trigger that stupid clause. We’ve got to where we have this season largely without him, if we invest as I hope this window he already shouldn’t be a starter then further improvement in summer should make him completely redundant. 

• Like 1

As fans we’re sentimental as we have an emotional attachment to the club (obviously) but also to players. Even to the extent you can love someone limited in ability who runs round giving his all. But it’s different for those running the club, managing / coaching the players. The best managers have a great rapport and relationship with their players but they also need to be brutal about replacing players who’ve dove a job for them. Shelvey absolutely fits that criteria. Keegan was like that and I fully expect Howe to be the same. Also Shelvey has sone fantastic attributes and has knuckled down too, like Gloom says. But I would say even if everyone was fit and available, even before any new additions, we’re probably a better team without him in the starting XI 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Personally I’d be thoroughly disappointed if he was to get a new deal. I’m hoping we bring in a CM or two, unregister Shelvey to ensure we won’t trigger that stupid clause. We’ve got to where we have this season largely without him, if we invest as I hope this window he already shouldn’t be a starter then further improvement in summer should make him completely redundant. 

Agree get shot of him........he's a  "On his day he's brilliant" player which means he has one great game in five

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

both would be great but it’s hard to imagine Leicester selling two of their best midfielders in the same January window 

Probably got no option with Tielemans. Contract up in June isn't it? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

both would be great but it’s hard to imagine Leicester selling two of their best midfielders in the same January window 

Depends as it might be the best / last chance of getting serious money for them with their contract situations. I think they’d want potential replacements lined up before even considering it though 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season