Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Lots of early injuries. Overtraining or just getting kicked about?

It didn't help that Tranmere were on a mission to kick the the shit out of anything that moved

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Lots of early injuries. Overtraining or just getting kicked about?

I don't think it's overtraining I just think it's bad luck. 

Look at Wilson hamstring injury history that speaks on its own. 

What’s CT doing with all his Paqueta devotionalia now? Will The Antiques roadshow accept them? Anyway, he probably downgraded this transfer window to 2/10 because of this. Worst transfer window of his lifetime.

• Haha 4

Starting to think Tielemens would be the best buy out of those we’ve been linked with, given the injuries. Long term replacement for Shelvey. Can play in a more advanced role too, giving us good depth in two positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Shame we weren’t in for him in the end. Howe must not have fancied him 

Part of me wonders if this is due to the way Bruno plays for us. I do wonder if he thought it would not give the balance we need. Alternatively, he may never have given him any thought. Either way, I am very impressed with the business that we have done so far. 

I have to admit that I wanted us to sign him purely on the base that we could. I can’t remember any game that I have seen him play tbh. I think the same does probably apply to most of the people who went into a meltdown because of him signing for West Ham.

I rather trust Howe and Ashworth than my fantasies tbs

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I have to admit that I wanted us to sign him purely on the base that we could. I can’t remember any game that I have seen him play tbh. I think the same does probably apply to most of the people who went into a meltdown because of him signing for West Ham.

I rather trust Howe and Ashworth than my fantasies tbs

Nee fucker had heard of him 3 months ago. It's been the weirdest bonk on from our fans. I'd rather have Tielemans if we can tempt him

• Like 1

Ajax are rumoured to be after Florient Grillitsch who's a free agent at the minute. Some people are adding two and two and maybe getting five by assuming that means Alvarez is on his way given Grillitsch is also a defensive mid. I seem to recall that we were linked with Grillitsch back in January, so it seems odd if we're not all over that especially when he's a free agent, unless of course we're confident of signing someone else. 

According to a telegraaf sports reporter, which I think is a fairly reliable Dutch source, Alvarez has already been told he isn't going to be sold this window, and he's happy enough to wait given it would be a big upheaval before the WC. So if they get Grillitsch maybe they were always after him regardless, or they are getting their ducks in a row for January and a new bid from us. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Starting to think Tielemens would be the best buy out of those we’ve been linked with, given the injuries. Long term replacement for Shelvey. Can play in a more advanced role too, giving us good depth in two positions. 

It would be an outstanding buy! I'd have Tielemens here but I'm not sure if we would get him. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season