Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Apparently Tielemans has sold his house in the Leicester area and is in rented accommodation waiting for his move to happen. Arsenal have reportedly always been the favourites, but he'd a be an incredible addition for us given our current needs, should Arsenal not complete the deal for whatever reason. He can play as a 6, an 8, even 10 at a push given he's that talented and versatile. And if I remember correctly he's in the last year of his contract, so he should cost considerably less than Maddison. 

• Like 1

West Ham United allegedly face the possibility of an 11th hour hijack in our move to sign Lucas Paqueta from Lyon.

That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS that another club has joined the Hammers late on in the race to sign the Brazilian.

The Hammers fans are getting incredibly excited about the prospect of the 25-year-old rocking up at the London Stadium this summer.

The longer that time goes on without confirmation of the signing from the club though, the more concerned the fans are becoming. And it seems as though there’s a very good reason as to why…

An unnamed Premier League club have entered the race to sign the Lyon ace at the final knockings. That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS:

“It’s unfortunate that Lucas Paqueta is leaving. But he wanted to leave. We thought we had very big clubs, we didn’t have them. We had to talk at the last moment with West Ham. Now I know that there was an English club that wanted to come forward at the last moment so maybe tomorrow morning we’ll wake up with a novelty. I can’t tell you the name.”

Wow. What a shocker it would be to lose out on Paqueta now.

The Brazilian is an exceptional talent and will be able to take the Hammers to another level entirely.

With an 11th hour hijack reportedly on the cards though, West Ham may well be made to regret not wrapping up a deal for Paqueta sooner.

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. Losing out on the 25-year-old to another Premier League club would be a truly massive blow.

West Ham face 11th hour Paqueta hijack from PL club according to Lyon president Aulas (hammers.news)

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

West Ham United allegedly face the possibility of an 11th hour hijack in our move to sign Lucas Paqueta from Lyon.

That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS that another club has joined the Hammers late on in the race to sign the Brazilian.

The Hammers fans are getting incredibly excited about the prospect of the 25-year-old rocking up at the London Stadium this summer.

The longer that time goes on without confirmation of the signing from the club though, the more concerned the fans are becoming. And it seems as though there’s a very good reason as to why…

An unnamed Premier League club have entered the race to sign the Lyon ace at the final knockings. That’s according to Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who has told beIN SPORTS:

“It’s unfortunate that Lucas Paqueta is leaving. But he wanted to leave. We thought we had very big clubs, we didn’t have them. We had to talk at the last moment with West Ham. Now I know that there was an English club that wanted to come forward at the last moment so maybe tomorrow morning we’ll wake up with a novelty. I can’t tell you the name.”

The Brazilian is an exceptional talent and will be able to take the Hammers to another level entirely.

With an 11th hour hijack reportedly on the cards though, West Ham may well be made to regret not wrapping up a deal for Paqueta sooner.

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen. Losing out on the 25-year-old to another Premier League club would be a truly massive blow.

West Ham face 11th hour Paqueta hijack from PL club according to Lyon president Aulas (hammers.news)

Plotting The Challenge GIF by 1st Look

Also:

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

We thought we had very big clubs, we didn’t have them. We had to talk at the last moment with West Ham.

:lol:

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Just praying ASM and Trippier will be fit but the problem is who's going to boss it in midfield

I thought  Neves and Moutinho would boss Willock and Longstaff but we ended up who 64% possession.

Liverpool are elite though. I think we'd struggle to boss them with Bruno and Shelvey in the team.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

Would you take Ross Barkley as a free agent? Chelsea have supposedly just released him. Of course he like Lingard will probably fuck any decent move by asking for ludicrous wages given his free agent status. He seems injury prone and wildly inconsistent, but perhaps that the former mostly explains the latter. If anybody could draw out his potential it's Howe of course, so he might be worth a massive punt if, again, he isn't playing silly beggars with his wage demands. 

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

Moyes was talking about him in an odd way yesterday saying he hopes he makes it through his medical and "we'll see" kind of attitude. Normally you don't say anything until its official.

Edited by Holden McGroin

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Would you take Ross Barkley as a free agent? Chelsea have supposedly just released him. Of course he like Lingard will probably fuck any decent move by asking for ludicrous wages given his free agent status. He seems injury prone and wildly inconsistent, but perhaps that the former mostly explains the latter. If anybody could draw out his potential it's Howe of course, so he might be worth a massive punt if, again, he isn't playing silly beggars with his wage demands. 

Id stay clear. I don't think he'd be a starter here either.

I bet he ends up back at Everton on loan.

Edit: Sorry, just realised his contract has been terminated.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

No

• Haha 2

Paqueta likely took one look at Moyes' dour Scottish face over zoom or whatever, couldn't understand a word he said, and then proceeded to get on the phone with his agent and beg him to ring us again. One can only hope at least. This would be the best way possible of signing him. Let the 'ammers do all the leg work and steal him last minute, so again fingers crossed there's something to these rumours as it pertains to us. 

I was thinking Barkley looked like a real prospect when he broke into the England team in the World Cup. Then I realised that was 8 years ago. I wouldn’t go near him 

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

On 25/08/2022 at 10:27, ewerk said:

Let West Ham agree a price then go in and match it. There's no chance he choose West Ham over us and his best mate.

😎

For a slightly less exciting rumour, according to our friends in the Italian football press, AC Milan want to end their two year loan of Chelsea's Tiemoue Bakayoko a year early, so they aren't obligated to buy him outright. He would fit a need certainly given he's a defensive mid, but I can't say I know much about him. I literally only vaguely knew that he was one of Chelsea's legion loan players. It all makes logical sense. AC Milan don't want him on a permanent, Chelsea would likely be happy for him to go on another years loan which would suit us of course, so maybe there's something to this. 

Newcastle United move into picture for midfielder signing – Magpies keen on 'experience' - Sport Witness

Edited by Polarboy

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Don't players go into oxygen tents etc pretty rountinely. Can't tell if that's a private jet or the aforementioned tent, but it could be something and nothing. 

Oxygen tents don't require a mask. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season