Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. But the point is, again, that using a player like Dubravka, who's been a good servant for us these past few seasons, as a pawn in some petty game would be monumentally stupid on our part. We're trying to build a reputation as a good place for players to come to. 

oh I'm being very, very fucking serious.

• Like 1

To be clear I'm not saying we should just accept whatever terms Man U put forward, I'm saying that using a player to get one up on an opposition team would likely hurt us as much if not more than Man U. 

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

absolute bollocks.

fuck man utd, they've took the piss out of newcastle all my life time. I hate the cunts., their supporters  their managers, their players and  everything to do with the utter ficking cunts, including ten hag.

give your fucking head a shake lad.

100%

Just now, Polarboy said:

To be clear I'm not saying we should just accept whatever terms Man U put forward, I'm saying that using a player to get one up on an opposition team would likely hurt us as much if not more than Man U. 

Lets be honest. We ain't buying man utd players in the near future so fuck them. They're no longer at the top. 

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. But the point is, again, that using a player like Dubravka, who's been a good servant for us these past few seasons, as a pawn in some petty game would be monumentally stupid on our part. We're trying to build a reputation as a good place for players to come to. 

Our reputation as a vengeful set of bastards is much more important.

• Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Lets be honest. We ain't buying man utd players in the near future so fuck them. They're no longer at the top. 

It has nothing to do with buying Man U players, it has to do with building a good reputation in the football world, and not harming the team spirit we've built up in the squad since Howe has arrived. Dubravka is probably well liked in the dressing room, and if we used one player as a pawn it could make other players paranoid about their position going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

you're talking shite mate, proper, proper shite.

there might be a soft for man utd in your homeland, there most definitely isn't in mine.

man utd , can go fuck themselves repeatedly to death, they took the piss out of newcastle for the very last time in january, and if dubrsvka is the victim of that..... GOOD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It has nothing to do with buying Man U players, it has to do with building a good reputation in the football world, and not harming the team spirit we've built up in the squad since Howe has arrived. Dubravka is probably well liked in the dressing room, and if we used one player as a pawn it could make other players paranoid about their position going forward. 

Clubs need to know if you try to fuck us over it's coming back. Why would you even want to sign a player who is anxious about our conduct for his next move?

• Like 1

What so we just roll over and let manchester’s second rated side, tickle our tummy and take one of our best keepers in years, for peanuts, because he is pissed off the we are strengthening in depth. Just to make us look all sweet, fluffy and lovely to the rest of the football world?

Fuck right off with that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you're talking shite mate, proper, proper shite.

there might be a soft for man utd in your homeland, there most definitely isn't in mine.

man utd , can go fuck themselves repeatedly to death, they took the piss out of newcastle for the very last time in january, and if dubrsvka is the victim of that..... GOOD.

This coming from the genius who thinks that not allowing a player to leave, a player who we've replaced, merely to one up another club, is a smart thing to do and won't have any harmful consequences for us as a club. Are Man U still going to be living inside your head rent free when we're routinely finishing above them year in year out? 

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

What so we just roll over and let manchester’s second rated side, tickle our tummy and take one of our best keepers in years, for peanuts, because he is pissed off the we are strengthening in depth. Just to make us look all sweet, fluffy and lovely to the rest of the football world?

fucking bizarre isn't it?

maybe we should let them have bruno too for nowt just so we look really, really nice?

4 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Literally never said that. I made it clear that we shouldn't just accept whatever they were offering. 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

This coming from the genius who thinks that not allowing a player to leave, a player who we've replaced, merely to one up another club, is a smart thing to do and won't have any harmful consequences for us as a club. Are Man U still going to be living inside your head rent free when we're routinely finishing above them year in year out? 

go to fucking bed lad.

• Haha 1

Literally never said that. I made it clear that we shouldn't just accept whatever they were offering. 

Ah right, so if the figure was £6 million then that would be ok?  £7?

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Proper Ashley era talk.

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Ah right, so if the figure was £6 million then that would be ok?  £7?

Whatever Ashworth thinks his value is and is willing to take for him. Not once did I say that we should just let Man U have him for less than he's worth. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season