Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

6 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

DM/CB

not sure we need that right now 

@Diego21

@The Fish

I haven't seen him enough to take my opinion too seriously, but the little I can say is that he is a defensive midfielder (who can play central).

That he plays the ball well from behind and that he is quite aggressive when it comes to defending.

Since Hayden's departure I think we don't have that specific defensive player profile, so I think signing him could be very good.

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Looks like our past target Renan Lodi will go Forest on loan with a 30M€ Buying Option.

Forest are putting all their eggs in the must survive basket. Should be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I haven't seen him enough to take my opinion too seriously, but the little I can say is that he is a defensive midfielder (who can play central).

That he plays the ball well from behind and that he is quite aggressive when it comes to defending.

Since Hayden's departure I think we don't have that specific defensive player profile, so I think signing him could be very good.

Quite agressive but his pressures are really low, I guess he's more about shielding the defense than rushing to close down, that's not an issue because Bruno and in particular Joelinton are very active in that regards.

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

Quite agressive but his pressures are really low, I guess he's more about shielding the defense than rushing to close down, that's not an issue because Bruno and in particular Joelinton are very active in that regards.

One important detail must be taken into account. Ajax dominates and easily wins 25-30 games out of the 34 that their league has each season. And those who win, it is usually by landslide on many occasions. Of the 18 teams in the Netherlands, there are 13 or 14 that would not have the level to play in the Premier League and many of them not even in the Championship.

And with Ajax's high-possession, high-pressing style of play, where they win the ball back in high situations, it's easy for Edson to have very shabby passing numbers, and his attributes on defense can hardly be seen.

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

One important detail must be taken into account. Ajax dominates and easily wins 25-30 games out of the 34 that their league has each season. And those who win, it is usually by landslide on many occasions. Of the 18 teams in the Netherlands, there are 13 or 14 that would not have the level to play in the Premier League and many of them not even in the Championship.

And with Ajax's high-possession, high-pressing style of play, where they win the ball back in high situations, it's easy for Edson to have very shabby passing numbers, and his attributes on defense can hardly be seen.

Fair call, and being part of high tempo pressing play like that will bring good experience for what Howe is beginning to do here.

I'd loved it to happen obviously, but it just seems unlikely that Leicester would allow Fofana and Maddison to go, that is unless they have multiple transfer targets ready to be bought with all the funds. Rogers did say something about his scouting and transfer team having done a great job of lining up players should Fofana go. On a side note Pedro scored and assisted today for Watford. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Craig said:

Rumour doing the rounds that Maddison’s injury omission for Leicester today was something of a mystery.

That would the icing on the cake but as already said......cant see them selling 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

I'd loved it to happen obviously, but it just seems unlikely that Leicester would allow Fofana and Maddison to go, that is unless they have multiple transfer targets ready to be bought with all the funds. Rogers did say something about his scouting and transfer team having done a great job of lining up players should Fofana go. On a side note Pedro scored and assisted today for Watford. 

I think if they were smart... They'd take the money and run. But of course, they should have done it at the beginning of the market.

Fofana is a very young boy, 21 years old. He is very good. But last year he had a very serious injury that usually takes time to recover well, especially mentally (in addition, he has also had 3-4 knee problems in his short career). And in the end he's going to leave... he takes the 80-90 million that Chelsea gives you and tries to sign a couple of good defenders.

With Tielemans the same. He wants to leave and is not going to renew. What is the point of having a player to dislike? You can sell it now for 30-40 million, or else sell it in the winter for 15-20 (and missing a key player) or wait for it to go free in the summer.

With Maddison there is a similar situation. The player wants a change of scenery. His contract ends in two years. He wants to get to the World Cup with England and needs a showcase. Take now 50 or 60 million and you will have almost 200 million in 3 players to sign 5-6 players of 30-40 million that can be used to start the new project

Leicester are a team that have clearly seen their project come to an end and need to rebuild.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

and Alan Smith

going further back, alan davies too.

i mean, it's hard to make too many criticisms of the way the new owners have ran the cub up to now, other than giving bruce the tottenhan game.

letting dubravka go to man utd after the way they took the piss over lindgard in january would dwarf that in my opinion. didn't they try to pull a similar stunt with henderson?

fuck man utd, I hate the cunts and if dubravka doesn't like it he can rot in the reserves.

we should never, ever pamper to those twats again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

i mean, it's hard to make too many criticisms of the way the new owners have ran the cub up to now, other than giving bruce the tottenhan game.

letting dubravka go to man utd after the way they took the piss over lindgard in january would dwarf that in my opinion. didn't they try to pull a similar stunt with henderson?

fuck man utd, I hate the cunts and if dubravka doesn't like it he can rot in the reserves.

We can't ignore the past or it affects the future. £6m and the head of Mick Hucknall.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

The club will likely only be thinking of being fair to the player. If the club fucks Dubravka about over his apparent dream move, when it's clear we've replaced him with Pope, it would look pretty bad to the squad. No need to be as petty as Man U, and cut our noses off to spite our faces. Plus they're under a new manager now, and Ten Hag seems like a decent enough guy. 

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The club will likely only be thinking of being fair to the player. If the club fucks Dubravka about over his apparent dream move, when it's clear we've replaced him with Pope, it would look pretty bad to the squad. No need to be as petty as Man U, and cut our noses off to spite our faces. Plus they're under a new manager now, and Ten Hag seems like a decent enough guy. 

absolute bollocks.

fuck man utd, they've took the piss out of newcastle all my life time. I hate the cunts., their supporters  their managers, their players and  everything to do with the utter ficking cunts, including ten hag.

give your fucking head a shake lad.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 8

£5m after a loan is an absolute steal like. I know keepers don't go for massive sums usually but they can fuck right off. 

If he's shit his pants at the first sign of competition he can fuck off too the spineless cunt. 

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

absolute bollocks.

fuck man utd, they've took the piss out of newcastle all my life time. I hate cunts., their supporters  their managers, their players and  everything to do with the utter ficking cunts, including ten hag.

give your fucking head a shake lad.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. But the point is, again, that using a player like Dubravka, who's been a good servant for us these past few seasons, as a pawn in some petty game would be monumentally stupid on our part. We're trying to build a reputation as a good place for players to come to. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season