Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

It's all about getting the right type of player for positions we need with the right trajectory in their career and the right attitude. I'd love it if we get them in the time left but after the shit of Ashley's long era I'm happy to miss out rather than getting lumbered with some knacker on a long term contract who you're ultimately stuck with taking up a space in the squad, contributing fuck all and swallowing a wage up. I'm hoping, confidently, that the people driving the transfer targets are no mugs to put it mildly. Softly softly catchy monkey, lads. :good:

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I should add a caveat to my earlier comment. Debating the quality of the window over a week before it's over is even more pointless than me posting every transfer rumour going, and far less entertaining 😂👍

Where's today's insane transfer links btw? WE'RE WAITING. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's all about getting the right type of player for positions we need with the right trajectory in their career and the right attitude. I'd love it if we get them in the time left but after the shit of Ashley's long era I'm happy to miss out rather than getting lumbered with some knacker on a long term contract who you're ultimately stuck with taking up a space in the squad, contributing fuck all and swallowing a wage up. I'm hoping, confidently, that the people driving the transfer targets are no mugs to put it mildly. Softly softly catchy monkey, lads. :good:

reported

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Never heard of him, he's fucking AMAZING, get it done or this window has been a catastrophic DISASTER!!!!!!

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 9

Just now, Polarboy said:

How reliable is this publication Diego? 

I trust them a lot. Perhaps later the figures end up being different or there are different details. But I quite believe it. I summarize what they say.

Isak to Newcastle for €70M. In addition, there is €5M more for variables and Real Sociedad saves 10% of a future sale.

PS: I understand that the club has realized that it is impossible to bet everything on Wilson's health.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oh NOW he wants to know about a publication's reliability. 

You've changed. 

In fairness they're flat out saying we've signed Isak for 70m. It's not the vague waffle I usually post. 

Edited by Polarboy

4 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I trust them a lot. Perhaps later the figures end up being different or there are different details. But I quite believe it. I summarize what they say.

Isak to Newcastle for €70M. In addition, there is €5M more for variables and Real Sociedad saves 10% of a future sale.

PS: I understand that the club has realized that it is impossible to bet everything on Wilson's health.

If this happens you've won the transfer rumours wars hands down Diego. I will gladly step asside. 😂

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Never heard of him, he's fucking AMAZING, get it done or this window has been a catastrophic DISASTER!!!!!!

how good is this Isak cunt again? :lol: 

there have been that many names linked I can’t really remember.but I seem to recall he splits opinion.

better than Gayle/Wood, obvs so may as well get the 70m out 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there have been that many names linked I can’t really remember.but I seem to recall he splits opinion.

Hmmm

image.png.36e9303e61c0aa542f1f62bdc2d54fcf.png

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He's only 22 and has at least twice the hype that Ekitike has. He's unfulfilled potential obviously, but as far as young players who are expected to go onto great things he's up there.  

• Like 1

Fucking hell, we've had a busy morning in here considering that we signed nobody :lol:

"3 new pages, fucking hell, guaranteed we've landed someon--oh wait no, we're arguing about the success of the still open transfer window. Ah CT's in there. Yep. That'll do it."

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fucking hell, we've had a busy morning in here considering that we signed nobody :lol:

"3 new pages, fucking hell, guaranteed we've landed someon--oh wait no, we're arguing about the success of the still open transfer window. Ah CT's in there. Yep. That'll do it."

The CT-ometer says Isak would raise the readings from disappointing to bang average

• Haha 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season