Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think Pulisic is a different level to the others you mentioned. He’s had a rough time at Chelsea but I’d put him more alongside the likes of Paqueta and Maddison. i could see him making an immediate impact on the first team where Pedro might be filed more under squad player/one for the future 

Pulisic's end product can be ASMesque at times. Ok maybe not that bad but that's been the main reason he's not a Chelsea starter. Maddison is definitely a level above. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think Pulisic is a different level to the others you mentioned. He’s had a rough time at Chelsea but I’d put him more alongside the likes of Paqueta and Maddison. i could see him making an immediate impact on the first team where Pedro might be filed more under squad player/one for the future 

In fairness I wasn't comparing Pedro to Pulisic, I said there probably isn't much of a gap between Sarr and Hudson-Odoi, and perhaps Pulisic. I said perhaps Pulisic because he likely does have more quality than Sarr, but at the minute it's mostly unrealised. 

Watford are definitely willing, so if it's the case of a few million surely something will get done. If this transfer goes down the tube I'm going to get flashbacks to the Ashely days of when literally two or three million would scupper a deal. I'll add the caveat that the new owners are nothing like Ashley obviously, but if they are so rigid as to let a transfer go because a player is a few million over their top valuation, then that's pedantic in the extreme, at least comparatively in football terms. I know they want to stay within their planned spending for each window, so we can spend substantially and sustainably, and not be in Everton or Leicester's positions, but surely there's some wiggle room. Of course my hypothetical rant could be unwarranted nonsense 😂👍

Edited by Polarboy

I'm still none the wiser as to what the difference is between a verbal offer and presumably one that is sent in writing, you know apart from the obvious. Hopefully that offer will get it done given they were reportedly after 30m. The only thing that should really scupper it is the stipulations for the extra 5m being entirely unrealistic. 

Edited by Polarboy

14 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'm still none the wiser as to what the difference is between a verbal offer and presumably one that is sent in writing, you know apart from the obvious. Hopefully that offer will get it done given they were reportedly after 30m. The only thing that should really scupper it is the stipulations for the extra 5m being entirely unrealistic. 

Aye seems a bit odd. 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

This could scupper it 🙄

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully not. Presumably they would have played Pedro at the weekend if the intention was to keep him if they sold Sarr. Then again perhaps they withdrew him because his head wasn't right to play. Him wanting to move will surely have an influence on their decision though. Fuck I hate the transfer window 😂

Edited by Polarboy

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

For you lazy fucks…

Newcastle is the club most interested in Edson Álvarez. The Magpies were willing to offer 30 million euros and Ajax turned them down. The proposal was verbal. It seems that the negotiations have not completely collapsed and they will make another more important offer.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Newcastle is the club most interested in Edson Álvarez. Las Urracas were willing to offer 30 million euros and Ajax refused. The proposal was verbal. It seems that the negotiations have not completely fallen and there will be another more important offer.

Are we likely to be spending 30m on a defensive mid though? Perhaps if he's a player we have in mind for the future and we think we can get him now, a bit like Bruno's transfer, added to Shelvey's injury. Plus I suppose if we get Pedro and then one of the Chelsea players on loan we'll be covered for the striking and wide positions. I have seen some journos say we're after two permanents, and Downie has said we're after a midfielder given Shelvey's injury. So all thing considered it could have some legs. 

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Verbal offer is spoken, written offer is written 👍🏻 ;) 

• Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season