Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not a cat in hells chance we play him in a midfield 3. He's Murphy/Almiron's replacement 

He's predominantly an attacking midfielder. I can count on one hand the times he's played as a winger, or wide of a front three. Could he at a push play wide right or left, sure, but you wouldn't be getting the best out of him. 

He would strengthen both areas of the pitch anyway. It’s not like they’re vastly different positions either. As an aside, I wonder how much Anderson is influencing the thinking at the club around the need for midfielders. You would think having 5 subs should see him get plenty opportunities 

• Like 1

When did £60 million become the lowest possible price anyone wants for an ok or better attacking midfielder?

Every story is a 40 million bid and a 60 million asking price. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not a cat in hells chance we play him in a midfield 3. He's Murphy/Almiron's replacement 

Why are you so sure about this? He plays centrally for Leicester more than wide 

65921D0F-4BE7-4428-B1B5-0EE039B300A1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, strawb said:

He’s a traditional number 10 imo

He definitely plays there most often for Leicester, but about a 1/3 of his games are at RW or CF looking at the stats.

I suspect the bid went in last night, right around the time Murphy played his 15th pass to an Atalanta player 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why are you so sure about this? He plays centrally for Leicester more than wide 

65921D0F-4BE7-4428-B1B5-0EE039B300A1.jpeg

Cos we don't play with a no.10 under Howe. We play with a CDM and a LCM and RCM in front 

11 minutes ago, strawb said:

He’s a traditional number 10 imo

agreed. For me this underscores that we are looking for a CM as well as a winger and a striker, which is really exciting. But if we get Maddison it probably ends the Paqueta rumours. Which is a little odd given he’s apparently available for £35m. Perhaps there was nothing in it 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Cos we don't play with a no.10 under Howe. We play with a CDM and a LCM and RCM in front 

playing Maddison ahead of Bruno and Joelinton in the middle isn’t exactly tearing up the game plan. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

When did £60 million become the lowest possible price anyone wants for an ok or better attacking midfielder?

Every story is a 40 million bid and a 60 million asking price. 

Newcastle tax 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Not to the untrained eye it isn't...

it’s turning a 4-3-3 into a 4-2-3-1. We would still be playing with two wide men and one striker. I’d be amazed if Howe hasn’t considered it and he is clearly a good enough coach to implement it if that’s what he fancies doing. 

26 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He's predominantly an attacking midfielder. I can count on one hand the times he's played as a winger, or wide of a front three. Could he at a push play wide right or left, sure, but you wouldn't be getting the best out of him. 

10 times last season. You must be a Mackem with hands like that 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Proof will be in the pudding. I didn't earn my FA level 2 coaching badge for nothing 

so you’re the trained eye in this scenario. I wondered what you were getting at :lol:

fuck knows if there’s anything in this Maddison link, or what it would mean for the  formation. Exciting player to be linked with though!

He’ll not be replacing Murphy as Murphy will be replaced with some 19 year old

prospect in due course who’ll take his role as 3rd choice on either side. We have to remember that we’ve only seen so much of him because it’s pre-season. Fraser and Almiron will be on the right, ASM and Fraser will be on the left and Anderson can cover both. He is fucking hard work though so can understand the desperation to bin him off 

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Ignoring the there/their foo pah, what does this even mean, wasps, grenade launcher 🤷🏼‍♂️

AF796D54-D718-4AF2-BD61-EEE5177D2B2D.jpeg

a wasp with a grenade launcher would be pretty cool I reckon, but then I've always fancied having a pet velociraptor.

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

a wasp with a grenade launcher would be pretty cool I reckon, but then I've always fancied having a pet velociraptor.

A wasp with a grenade launcher would be extremely dangerous, they don’t obey orders, how often do you shout “fuck off you stripey little cunt” and do they fuck off, no, they just buzz around like nowts the matter.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Proof will be in the pudding. I didn't earn my FA level 2 coaching badge for nothing 

Trinity mirror group regional sports writer of the year >> FA level 2 coaching badge.

"And don't forget it, mush."

1268795286_Lee-Ryder(1)__01.jpg.6142214444545454d875a261fef67657.jpg

• Haha 5

The Leicester fans are suitably devastated, outraged or in denial about their best player potentially leaving. They seem to think he’s worth £60-80m. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season