Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wonder if we will be keeping an eye on Cornet against Burnley next week ...

i think i'd rather go for dennis if we're going down the relegated clubs route 

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wonder if we will be keeping an eye on Cornet against Burnley next week ...

You would imagine it would be an easy deal to get done which makes me think he must be well down our list of targets.

• Like 1

Wasn't there some patter about how Dennis was one of the ones that pretty much didn't give enough of a fuck to keep Watford up?  I'm sure I heard it mentioned on a podcast or something. 

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think i'd rather go for dennis if we're going down the relegated clubs route 

Cornet is more naturally a winger whereas Dennis plays as a CF.

Cornet also had a few season at Lyon under his belt, whilst Dennis played in a farmers league before coming to England. I reckon last season was a bit of a purple patch for him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cornet is more naturally a winger whereas Dennis plays as a CF.

Cornet also had a few season at Lyon under his belt, whilst Dennis played in a farmers league before coming to England. I reckon last season was a bit of a purple patch for him 

10 goals in a shite Watford side. Can play wide or through the middle. Might be worth a punt if we don’t manage to get our preferred options.

Cornet, I dunno. I heard or read somewhere that he’s quite like ASM in the sense that he blows hot and cold. 

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You would imagine it would be an easy deal to get done which makes me think he must be well down our list of targets.

Aye I think we likely have a few like that lined up, where we will keep trying until late to land our higher up targets but then start triggering clauses. Kind of like Wood was except a little less of a panic as they have had more time to select players that are quick buys. 

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye I think we likely have a few like that lined up, where we will keep trying until late to land our higher up targets but then start triggering clauses. Kind of like Wood was except a little less of a panic as they have had more time to select players that are quick buys. 

please, no more wood buys!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's a Diaby quote floating around with him saying he's decided to stay at Leverkusen. No idea if it's genuine.

Even if the quote about him supposedly deciding to stay in Germany is true, it still doesn't mean he wouldn't leave if an offer comes in. Unless he wanted to actively agitate to leave there's no up side for him to say he wants to leave at this stage, even if again he's open to it. Leverkusen have already said they'd have to consider a big offer, so he could just be leaving it in his clubs hands, so if he does leave he's less likely to get any bad PR. 

Edited by Polarboy

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd given up on Diaby ages ago so not that fussed about this. Seemed like the price was always gonna be beyond us. 

aye.

we had the poorest billionaire in the world owning us.

now we've got the poorest richest country on the planet at the helm.

:lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll

Tuchel has just been quoted as saying that he doesn't expect Broja to leave. It would be pretty funny if West Ham missed out on all their targets for a striker yet again. Looks like Lingard is going to them, but they've been trying to sign a striker since Haller left. Of course if will only be truly amusing if we actually do something up front, and they don't get Scamacca, which they still might do. Scamacca doesn't really fit the profile of what we're looking for, but it would still be annoying if he signs for West Ham and starts banging the goals in. 

Edited by Polarboy

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season