Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Speaking of which

:lol: He really is becoming one of these ITK accounts, says something vague about likely no signings for a week and then if it passes sounds out the “like I said” tweet. We’re trying to sign £50m players, it’s going to take time he was acting like everyone was taking the week off to pat themselves on the back :lol:.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I'll caveat this hypothetical question with its never going to happen, but would you take Neymar Jr on loan for a season?

No.

Would totally imbalance the side.

• Like 1

:lol: Aye what the fuck is Laurens on about? Too good for us soon? He was too good for us when we signed him, same as Trippier, that’s why we bought them. I think one of the weirder things about this takeover has been some of these journalists almost acting as if it hasn’t happened, they see us sign players who have clearly been told the ambitions and steps of the project to convince them to come and act like the players see it as a stepping stone. A player like Bruno Guimeraes didn’t need a stepping stone club…

• Like 3

Newcastle United: Everton are latest club to move for Armando Broja | The Northern Echo

Apparently both us and West Ham want a loan, with us willing to pay the loan fee that Chelsea would be looking for, and commit to an option to buy next season. It's a tricky one, hard to see where he and Chelsea will land on it. If I was Broja I'd have eliminated Everton already, but perhaps he feels some loyalty towards Lampard. Maybe an obligation as opposed to option to buy would get us over the line. Of course as ever this is assuming that this article is accurate. Hopefully the line about there being some movement on this within the next few days is also accurate. 

Edited by Polarboy

On the FFP stuff and our likely revenue increase in the future, it quite obviously makes sense to wait until the window closes to announce any new sponsorship deals. If it helps in keeping other clubs and agents a little bit honest in terms of holding them to the market rate for at least this window then we're out in front of where we might be otherwise. I have to say, I'm really impressed with how we're doing business so far. There's been a real willingness to walk away from deals to avoid being exploited further down the line.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Hope the cunt breaks his leg

:lol: FFS, how dare he turn us down in favour of the club he supported as a kid. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No denying PSG are a more attractive proposition currently. But which of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe does he think he's going to get in ahead of?

sihnftg.gif

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season