Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

49 minutes ago, Howay said:

If Spurs added Eriksen and Bissouma to their midfield Chelsea and potentially Liverpool (without Mane, especially if Nunez doesn’t hit the ground running) probably should worry. Conte is such a quality manager and he’s still got a lot to spend this window after adding two quality players for a relatively small outlay. 

i'd really hate spurs to do well 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'd really hate spurs to do well 

Many of the fans of other Premier League clubs say the same about us. I get your point, but Howay is right. Spurs do have the potential, and the manager to take things to the next level. 

I know Kulusevski is on loan for another season, but I'll be surprised if they don't try and prioritise making him a permanent transfer before the loan deal comes to an end. His link up with Kane & Son has been excellent.

Reading between the lines it seems like Eriksen will take the best offer regardless of whether the team is in Europe or not, but it will be a nice bonus if indeed that club is also in the CL. I suppose it may also come down to what his relationship is like with Conte. I could be wrong but I seem to remember Conte benching him quite a bit at Inter, and him being in and out of the team, so it depends on how he took that I suppose. 

I remember Areola being very decent for Fulham, especially seeing as they were a relegation team. Then again you would like to think we could do better than West Ham's back up keeper from last season. Fabianski is a class keeper of course, so there's probably no shame in being kept out of a team by him. If we can get him for 11m he could be a very good shout, given that he's certainly better than Darlow. I don't recall how good his distribution was but it's supposedly very good, so everything else being equal or thereabouts, he'd likely take out number one spot given distribution is probably Dubravka's biggest weakness. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Eriksen picks a london team. He will still have a house there and he lives there for years, he doesn’t need money at this point so may as well stay somewhere him and his family are comfortable 

• Like 3

Yeah he probably will go back to Spurs, or even Arsenal and West Ham at a push, can't see Chelsea going for him, but he did move to Milan when he likely could have stayed in or close to London when he left Spurs. 

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Conte barely played him at Inter though

Thats not entirely true, he started around half their games while he and contes time overlapped.

12 hours ago, Howay said:

If Spurs added Eriksen and Bissouma to their midfield Chelsea and potentially Liverpool (without Mane, especially if Nunez doesn’t hit the ground running) probably should worry. Conte is such a quality manager and he’s still got a lot to spend this window after adding two quality players for a relatively small outlay. 

Hopefully means no room for Paqueta though

A lot of that is great when all players are 17, but less so when you're playing against fully grown adults. I'm not saying he's not a prospect but "very tall for age", "adult build", and "can match adults physically" are not particularly advantageous except that it may mean you learn their true potential a few years earlier than you otherwise would.

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Where'd you find this?

You don't need to worry about that Dave, it's anecdotal opinion. Not an xG in sight :lol:

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season