Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d be sorry to see him go in many ways. But now would be the time if the club wanted to cash in. And the FEWM from down the road would be incredible. You’d also have to think it would be player we could demand a decent fee for.  Current England international with a year left on his contract. Coupled with premium their clubs have been willing to pay for other players 

About 9 months ago I would have said that they should do everything possible to tie him to the club long term and beyond his playing days. He has been an immense figure on and off the pitch until then. Unfortunately he was less of an integral figure last season when he started to look distracted.

With Livramento we already have a player who has done quite well.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Unfortunately he was less of an integral figure last season when he started to look distracted.

probably fretting about which trollop's instagram story he was about to feature in next. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, tinofbeans said:

Would mean getting cover for livramento,  if he jets off to Saudi, it’ll be a fair whack off our wage bill as well. Think it’s a good move. 

Krafu will be seen as the backup RB.

Edited by Holden McGroin

There’s a lot of speculation in here around Trippiers life based on nowt. I’ve seen the house for sale rumours, also seen rumours he has just moved gaff.

Getting involved in players personal lives is weird imo, he’s a football who plays for our team. Whatever happens in his personal life is his problem, unless it becomes an Adam Johnson situation. 

Probably loads of lads on here who wouldn’t want their personal lives looked into.

46 minutes ago, strawb said:

There’s a lot of speculation in here around Trippiers life based on nowt. I’ve seen the house for sale rumours, also seen rumours he has just moved gaff.

Getting involved in players personal lives is weird imo, he’s a football who plays for our team. Whatever happens in his personal life is his problem, unless it becomes an Adam Johnson situation. 

Probably loads of lads on here who wouldn’t want their personal lives looked into.

Don't think anyone's really interested too much in mine, but just in case I bought and installed a new dishwasher over the weekend, also played poker and lost.

Seriously though I think the only interest is around what it means for his role in the team, and how it may have affected his performances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, strawb said:

backing up homer simpson GIF

• Haha 6

It's interesting that people seem to have forgotten that for the first half of last season Trippier was one of the best players in the league not just in our team.  Yes he went through a bad spell (which he came through and played fine) after that but I certainly don't think he should be written off as past it because of that.

Tino clearly represents the future and there are reasons and merits to cashing in on Trips now, but I certainly won't be looking forward to the day he leaves like some seem to be.

• Like 2

i'd keep him, if PSR wasn't an issue. 

If a Saudi club come in offering over £20m, I don't think we'd be in a position to turn it down

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Would £25m be pushing it on fair market value?

Yes, transfermarket only has him at around €10m.

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

It's interesting that people seem to have forgotten that for the first half of last season Trippier was one of the best players in the league not just in our team.  Yes he went through a bad spell (which he came through and played fine) after that but I certainly don't think he should be written off as past it because of that.

Tino clearly represents the future and there are reasons and merits to cashing in on Trips now, but I certainly won't be looking forward to the day he leaves like some seem to be.

He is the best RB ive ever seen play for us but he is 34 soon and has shown a visible decline in the last 6 months. If money/PSR wasn't an issue I'd keep him but if we can get some good money for him now its probably the right time to sell. There is also noise he wants to leave for personal reasons. I'll leave it up to the club but im happy either way.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Aye but in the second half of the season his knickers were constantly falling down in and around the Vermont area. If that transfers to the pitch then it’s a tripping hazard, and we’ve only just got over an injury crisis.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yes, transfermarket only has him at around €10m.

liverpool got £40m for 30 year old Fabinho, i dunno

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He is the best RB ive ever seen play for us but he is 34 soon and has shown a visible decline in the last 6 months.

It was interesting to hear Trippier speaking on Gary Neville's podcast about how in his last few months at Spurs he had become a liability making silly mistakes, which reminded me of the last few months of last season. He said that when he moved to Atletico Simeone told him he was going to improve his defending and spent a lot of time on the training ground with him to sort the problems so this current lapse in standards could be something similar.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

liverpool got £40m for 30 year old Fabinho, i dunno

We're under WAY more scrutiny than they are. Plus there's more glamour associated with a Liverpool player who's recently won the league etc. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

As others have said PSR is the only reason, it's more of an acceptance of the reality rather than any level of enthusiasm. Apart from the owners and Howe, Trippier has had the single biggest impact on the change in our fortunes. His big ball move to come here in the face of relegation was to paraphrase many "transformative". He can absolutely still do it at the top level and because pure athleticism has never been a cornerstone of his game he's likely to be able to for a few seasons yet. As a leader no doubt he has also been absolutely instrumental, demonstrating composure and class whilst still pushing for results and decisions in an ultra comeptitive manner is no easy feat.

You've acknowledged that the reality is we do have a quality young option at RB in Livramento, an extremely different player but highly capable. We can only sell players who have an inherent value and Trippier as a current English team ever-present and club captain who has had success wherever he has gone has that. Of course we'd all love to keep him here, his few odd poor performances are massively dwarved by his good and great ones. The confidence and composure he brings are contageous and have been important in the development of many players in the team. If he is to go it will easily be the hardest to stomach of the players who have left due to PSR.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I would have absolutely no problem with him staying. He is still immense. I just think him leaving wouldn’t look as devastating as it seemed just a little time ago.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I would have absolutely no problem with him staying. He is still immense. I just think him leaving wouldn’t look as devastating as it seemed just a little time ago.

I agree with this, particularly with how good Tino looks, I'd be more worried if we lost him.  I just think the decline people are mentioning isn't anywhere near what some think it is.  Yes around Christmas time he had a nightmare few weeks but he certainly picked up after that, in between injuries, even if he didn't get back to the heights of the first part of the season.  I guess I just don't think he's anywhere near as finished as some people think he is.  But certainly there may be outside factors that mean it's best for him to move on.

• Like 1

he definitely isn't finished. in an ideal world he'd retire here and join eddie and tindall on the coaching staff but this psr shite changes the way we have to look at everything. it's complete fucking bullshit 

• Like 5

Had a few bad games, got injured, has featured on the wrong side for England which all helps to form the narrative (along with Tinos performances) that maybe we would be better without him. 

If he feels like he needs to go, then I don't think the club should stand in his way, however if we don't need to sell, and he wants to stay then I certainly don't think we should be looking to push him out 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Had a few bad games, got injured, has featured on the wrong side for England which all helps to form the narrative (along with Tinos performances) that maybe we would be better without him. 

If he feels like he needs to go, then I don't think the club should stand in his way, however if we don't need to sell, and he wants to stay then I certainly don't think we should be looking to push him out 

Pretty much the page I'm on.  When he joined he made me realise just how back our back 4 was, he stood out a mile with quality.  Now the back four have caught up some (player quality and training).  Tino clearly the future, offers more going forward I think but Trippier defensively better for me, despite a couple of poor games (that any player has, Christ some wanted rid of Bruno last season).

• Like 1

A few strange links of Gordon to City. Can’t see it myself. We have Doku, Grealish and Foden on the left. Bobb too. Regardless of if you’d sell him it seems a non starter to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

A few strange links of Gordon to City. Can’t see it myself. We have Doku, Grealish and Foden on the left. Bobb too. Regardless of if you’d sell him it seems a non starter to me. 

Yeah, I think it's paper talk. He's been linked to every man and his dog this window. I think we might have been forced into selling had we not cleared the PSR hurdle. 

But given we've £100m to spend, there's clearly no need to sell. He's playing well, is loved by the manager and the fans. He's getting plenty of time on the pitch, he's getting good numbers and getting into the England team. 

It could be the agent trying to wrangle a better contract?

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season