Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

what are we believing then,  the red dippers made an inquiry or we tried to pimp him out to them?

I think the story is that they had previously made an enquiry and we attempted to reinitiate it over the weekend as a last resort. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Who now?

49 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Gallagher?

Do you ken Gillespie,

The wee bearded lad

The best third choice keeper

Newcastle ever had

IMG_20240701_124324.jpg.7acb9241fb2a4de5674e3c24e3940bca.jpg

• Haha 5

According to the Waugh article on Athletic, we're after a CB, RW and striker.

Hopefully the RW is in the Isak, Gordon, Bruno category.

One more top top player and the return of Tonali and things are starting to look good. Pity Botman is out for so long because he's a proper player too (when he isn't playing injured).

• Like 3

I would have been underwhelmed if we signed Ruddy a decade ago, now it just feels like a signing we attempted for the banter to see if Chelsea would hijack it, and now we're stuck with Ruddy.

• Haha 1

Ruddy will most likely never play for us. I listened to a podcast with hm (Fozcast) recently and he came across really well. He'll be good in the dressing room. I'd be more concerned with the Greek guy being second choice. If Pope suffered another  big injury then im not sure if he is up to it. ( I genuinely don't know if he is or isn't but if Matt Turner and Mat Selz are ahead of you in the pecking order then Im a worried)

Perhaps he is clearing Pope out as well and we'll have a new number 1...

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ruddy will most likely never play for us. I listened to a podcast with hm (Fozcast) recently and he came across really well. He'll be good in the dressing room. I'd be more concerned with the Greek guy being second choice. If Pope suffered another  big injury then im not sure if he is up to it. ( I genuinely don't know if he is or isn't but if Matt Turner and Mat Selz are ahead of you in the pecking order then Im a worried)

Perhaps he is clearing Pope out as well and we'll have a new number 1...

Looking on the positive side, he's played 50 times for Greece and was a regular in the champions league for Benfica.  Being 3rd choice behind Selz is definitely a concern though.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Coming Home Alone GIF

Not saying this against you by any means, but shit that's being thrown Miggy's way on twitter is a disgrace.  We all want to see us sign someone better but the lad has done nothing but graft his bollocks since he's been here.  I realise there is a heavy moron presence on twitter but the lad deserves better.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Not saying this against you by any means, but shit that's being thrown Miggy's way on twitter is a disgrace.  We all want to see us sign someone better but the lad has done nothing but graft his bollocks since he's been here.  I realise there is a heavy moron presence on twitter but the lad deserves better.

Wykiki is the closest thing to a twitter user on here. If someone has 3 good games they are ballon d'or contenders. Three bad ones and they should be banished to the SPL.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Twitter is the absolute dregs. If you're ever stupid enough, and I am often am, to click beyond the top level tweet into the replies, it is invariably an absolute bin-fire of the worst of humanity. I can well believe that some absolutely terrible things are being said about Miggy, but at the same time, the lad could, at the very least, read the dishwasher manual. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

It's absolutely tragic we can't just sign players without thinking "how's that effect the books" !! Boils my ancient piss.

It's fucking shite like. Off field its like the accountancy olympics on this place with the specky twats like Gemmill/Dazzler/ewerk having a nerd field day.

Meanwhile the fuckers have ruined the game on the pitch with VAR. My mature piss too is turning to vinegar. 

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Wykiki is the closest thing to a twitter user on here. If someone has 3 good games they are ballon d'or contenders. Three bad ones and they should be banished to the SPL.

Proud Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's fucking shite like. Off field its like the accountancy olympics on this place with the specky twats like Gemmill/Dazzler/ewerk having a nerd field day.

Meanwhile the fuckers have ruined the game on the pitch with VAR. My mature piss too is turning to vinegar. 

Whatever, it wasn't me spunking in my pants at the astronomy chat in GC the other day, fucking Gamesmaster. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

In Luke Edwards' article about Gordon's head being turned, it says Wilson set to stay.

Well, with Leeds not getting promoted NUFC might be the nearest club to the Harrogate area. Just saying. 

• Haha 4

I can't think of worse goalkeeping performances I've seen for us than what Dubravka put out last season. Vlad is probably a big upgrade. Miggy to Saudi back on, things are looking good again.

While I agree Almiron has been a good servant for the club and gets undue stick at times from myself included (who doesn't on Twitter though) I've found it equally ridiculous the way some have defended him just because he's got a way of putting his head down and running like someone's stuck a firebrand up his arse. Wish him the best i.e. a massive pay day for him and his family

• Like 1

I’m gutted we’ve sold Anderson.  I’m also annoyed that the board has allowed this to eventuate.  He’s not quite Gazza/Waddle/Beardsley but it smacks of that era.  The difference being back then we had to sell to stay afloat.  Now we have to sell to, essentially, keep the top table free of riff-raff.  

Fucking bollocks man.  

• Like 10