Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Bin dippers seem up in arms about the Anderson deal :lol: 

Fucking victim cunts

Basically it’s clubs needing to be creative to meet the rules designed by them and the rest of the cabal to prevent other clubs competing with them. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds have turned down £40m for Archie Gray. A lad who's had a decent season in the champ but apparently we're acting like Tories for asking for £35m for Anderson 

They’ve got zero self awareness though. They’re probably the most holier than thou set of fans going. 

• Like 2

One of their best, yeah.

He was nearing the end of his extended contract and they only paid £15m for him in 2019 so the £42m + is mostly profit. Yay to modern football! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OTF said:

What do Brighton gain given we've not made a reciprocal purchase with them? It's likely just the actual value on Minteh based on a strong season in a technical league. We paid approx. the same for Lewis Hall and there's usually an additional luxury cost associated with exciting attacking players given that they're the ones the generate the most interest.

Anderson has a great deal of experience for a 21 year old and Vlachodimas is an experienced full international. As long as they don't go overboard there's enough plausible deniability to make it impossible to punish.

There’s the English player premium too

I'm assuming 10 points is the maximum possible penalty and that the likely penalty would've been in line with previous penalties, with Hope's "understanding" predominantly the result of his being a journalist and therefore a drama queen who suspends his common sense for the sake of a provocative headline.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

16x9-minteh.png?width=1500&height=844

5 year contract, canny. Good Luck to the lad.

Hope they had a right good look at his passing stats, especially considering how they play.

Hall permanent deal done/confirmed. I read somewhere (can't recall) that he's young enough to be signed as an academy player and so his fee doesn't have PSR ramifications, could be shite mind.

It's absolutely tragic we can't just sign players without thinking "how's that effect the books" !! Boils my ancient piss.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I refuse to fuck off, if the board can support multiple fucking accountants it could support legions of Jambo's 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It's absolutely tragic we can't just sign players without thinking "how's that effect the books" !! Boils my ancient piss.

And this is why the board needs multiple so-called accountants.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The thing that makes me think he might turn out good is that he's gone to Brighton. When he was going to Everton, I was confident he'd turn out shit and find himself playing in the Championship sometime soon. 

She Loves It Youtube GIF by hateplow

...this will be the year, I'm quite sure of it, so sure that I'm typing this into my pill case because the Toontastic certificate has expired again

• Haha 14

36 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Hall permanent deal done/confirmed. I read somewhere (can't recall) that he's young enough to be signed as an academy player and so his fee doesn't have PSR ramifications, could be shite mind.

fe639fab-d15b-46ff-97bf-6b79fefdb4fa_400x225.gif.53995841b32a9cbe9b268ab0dfe1600e.gif

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We've just signed another keeper from Norwich. :lol:

It's like FM when you put a load of bids in and forget to cancel them. 

Who is that? We've signed John Ruddy from Birmingham.