Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Sad Balloon GIF by Chord Overstreet

So we're doing a tame version of the I'll scratch your back you scratch mine. They bought Vlachodimas for about £4.25m on a 4 year deal so his value to them is somewhere around £3m. I expect we'll be paying more than double that and Anderson will be on a 6+ year deal.

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

:lol:

they seem to really rate him on the forest forum....

Screenshot_20240630_102923_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sels was undeniably atrocious for us, no confidence at all, and that was 8 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not quite as exciting as MGW :lol: I assume he is Karius's replacement. Not sure why we need 4 GKs in the squad mind 

Agree re: Karius. We'll try to sell Dubravka and replace him with someone younger.

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

Agree re: Karius. We'll try to sell Dubravka and replace him with someone younger.

Although we have been linked before

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8303377/Newcastle-United-target-Benfica-goalkeeper-Odysseas-Vlachodimos-meet-53m-release-clause.html

Maybe he's a cheaper Dubravka replacement than Trafford? Greece 1st choice keeper 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8303377/Newcastle-United-target-Benfica-goalkeeper-Odysseas-Vlachodimos-meet-53m-release-clause.html

Maybe he's a cheaper Dubravka replacement than Trafford? Greece 1st choice keeper 

benfica must've been disappointed when they only got about 5 million euros for him a year or so later!

• Haha 1

We have to be very careful.

I think it's pretty clear that we are inflating player prices to make the margins better for all teams. Because Minteh and Anderson do not have such a high real value today. And surely Vlachodimos won't have it either, whatever its price.

And that could also lead to a gap in standards.

It is a practice that they have been doing for years in Italy and that has already been investigated in recent times (And in fact, it cost Juventus a loss of points this year because they had a lot of operations like this between 2018 and 2021).

If it is something specific, I understand that there will be no problem...

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Liverpool signs Carroll for £32m was it and they're paying a lot for potential of a great forward.

Forest pay £35m or BHA pay £35m and its dodgy :lol: 

Carroll had scored 30 goals for us in his last 1.5 seasons tbf

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

We have to be very careful.

I think it's pretty clear that we are inflating player prices to make the margins better for all teams. Because Minteh and Anderson do not have such a high real value today. And surely Vlachodimos won't have it either, whatever its price.

And that could also lead to a gap in standards.

It is a practice that they have been doing for years in Italy and that has already been investigated in recent times (And in fact, it cost Juventus a loss of points this year because they had a lot of operations like this between 2018 and 2021).

If it is something specific, I understand that there will be no problem...

What do Brighton gain given we've not made a reciprocal purchase with them? It's likely just the actual value on Minteh based on a strong season in a technical league. We paid approx. the same for Lewis Hall and there's usually an additional luxury cost associated with exciting attacking players given that they're the ones the generate the most interest.

Anderson has a great deal of experience for a 21 year old and Vlachodimas is an experienced full international. As long as they don't go overboard there's enough plausible deniability to make it impossible to punish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

As I reflect on it more this may be the case. With fewer games maybe we're counting on Pope not missing so many games. This is assuming we're planning on selling Dubravka. Maybe we're not? Seems unlikely that we wouldn't try to cash in on him before his final contracted year. Even if he's not sold for much it's all part of the available funds to improve the squad and hus book value would be well below £1M. He was on top of his game when he signed the six year improved contract with us, so his wages would also be nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Leeds have turned down £40m for Archie Gray. A lad who's had a decent season in the champ but apparently we're acting like Tories for asking for £35m for Anderson 

Didn’t see them complaining when Forest spunked almost £20m on Neco Williams from Liverpool. 

• Like 2