Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Surely 33 million is a large portion of the debt serviced. Hopefully we can sell someone like an Elliot, Longstaff, Wilson, Almiron, even Trippier, to get the rest. Of course now that I think of it the last three are largely attracting interest from Saudi, and their transfer window doesn't open for a few weeks. Point being with Minteh sold we hopefully don't have to entertain selling Isak, Gordon or Bruno anymore. I think I did read that AC might be interested in Trippier. 

It's around £26m of the PSR hole, which, according to Swiss Ramble is around £44m.

£18m to go. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's around £26m of the PSR hole, which, according to Swiss Ramble is around £44m.

£18m to go. 

Flogging Anderson could surely make that up. The amount of money players are going for these days Anderson is at least worth that.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The ownership hasn't made many missteps so far, but giving yourself a £44mil shortfall isn't a great look 

I think they've just gambled on some stuff and it hasn't worked out - getting out of the CL group for example. Which, if we had been in any sort of reasonable group, we would have had a chance. Had we had Tonali for the season, that would have changed things too. 

They've tried to sell Almiron and Wilson, with the former refusing the move. That was probably plan A for sorting this and it didn't work out. 

Also, don't forget, the PL has moved the goalposts during this three year period in terms of associated party transactions as well. 

It's not an exact science when it's being done over a 3 year period like this. They're trying to balance making progress and improving the squad with not breaking this stupid fucking rule. It won't be easy. 

There's so many moving parts, and we're in this massive growth phase for the project - if they're not pushing the boundaries, we'd have had to be much more conservative in previous windows, which none of us would have wanted. 

• Like 6

Those are good points but we should have had a much clearer picture after the end of the season. We've waited over a month and are now desperate with a day or two to go, other clubs knowing full well our situation. 

Sell Miggy for 15M if must. Wilson too. No way any of the prized assets go now that Minteh has been sacrificed. 

For what we're trying to do, and the stage that we're at, I think you basically HAVE TO put yourself in a PSR hole and back yourself to get out of it? 

By growing commercial income, signing young players to flog, getting into the CL, having a higher quality squad with a greater resale value, etc etc. 

We've started this journey with a bargain basement squad and the worst commercial income in the PL. 

Given the restrictive rules, you either take calculated gambles, or it's a 20 year project. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Those are good points but we should have had a much clearer picture after the end of the season. We've waited over a month and are now desperate with a day or two to go, other clubs knowing full well our situation. 

Sell Miggy for 15M if must. Wilson too. No way any of the prized assets go now that Minteh has been sacrificed. 

We've not waited a month. No one is trying to help us out here by doing deals with us at the start of the month.

Buying clubs will obviously wait til the last week of June cos that's when their leverage is at its highest, cos they know our predicament. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Also I think the Euros have thrown a spanner in the works. Trippier for example could have moved by now. Not many deals will get done until post Euros 

And the Copa America.  Almiron must be on the unofficial transfer list.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Sad how disposable Trippier has suddenly become. Makes sense given his situation and personal issues, but sad. Easily one of the top players we've had in decades. 

Apparently he wasn’t in any of the promo pictures for the new kit, which is surprising given he’s been our on field captain most of the time he’s been here. Could be one already priced in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Apparently he wasn’t in any of the promo pictures for the new kit, which is surprising given he’s been our on field captain most of the time he’s been here. Could be one already priced in

Apparently it's already sealed 

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

“Newcastle are also in talks with a Saudi Pro League club to sell Callum Wilson if personal terms can be agreed."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-set-sell-yankuba-29446303

1000007845.thumb.jpg.bca901dbb19bf533fae65df71a94e606.jpg

"Me source, Tiny Tess, the twenty stone monster from the Seaton Delaval social clurb has told me FC Al Hi-Barba from the Saudi league are willing to pay up to 15 mill for the man who would eat himself if he could, one Callum Wilson esquire. You heard it in the deli's bogs first. Lol."

• Haha 6