Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

27 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

This PSR nonsense is putting me off. I have totally lost interest in transfer activities in the PL because it is not about teams being able to improve but to balance their books. That is unless you are one of the few chosen ones who are able to do whatever they want.

Someone should just take the PL to court over some anti coemption law.  They would soon shit their pants.

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Someone should just take the PL to court over some anti coemption law.  They would soon shit their pants.

You can't just make words up and sue people for it. Even our Saudi genies won't get away with that. 

• Haha 7

I'm if these Gordon and Isak rumours were a smokescreen to cheer people up about Minteh going, they've played a blinder! :lol:

If that £30mil covers the PSR hole, can it still be used towards incoming transfers? We've still got £28mil to find for Hall unfortunately 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Get this lad sold, and if there's still a gap, chance the points deduction. 

Then sue the Premier League for anti-coemption! 

I’m sure this is the solution, as disappointing as it will be to lose a promising youngster who hasn’t played for us yet. Needs must. We can’t be flogging our top players who are proven at this level for this psr shite.

It will be annoying if he turns out class for Brighton but it’s be easier to swallow than selling Gordon to Liverpool - I can’t see that happening at all.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm if these Gordon and Isak rumours were a smokescreen to cheer people up about Minteh going, they've played a blinder! :lol:

If that £30mil covers the PSR hole, can it still be used towards incoming transfers? We've still got £28mil to find for Hall unfortunately 

Doesn’t the £30m we need to find to balance the books include the money owed to Chelsea for Hall???

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The Hall money will be post June 30th, and it gets amortised over the course of his contract, so the year 1 impact isn't £28m, it'll be a quarter or a fifth of that, depending on the length of his contract. 

The cash impact will be £28m, but the PSR impact is the fifth/quarter. 

Also we move into a new 3 year rolling period once June ends. 

• Like 1

If Almiron had gone to Saudi in Jan we might not have had to ship Minteh. I know this is petty and you can't force a player to go somewhere against their wishes but he's utterly useless on and off the field :finger:

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

If Almiron had gone to Saudi in Jan we might not have had to ship Minteh. I know this is petty and you can't force a player to go somewhere against their wishes but he's utterly useless on and off the field :finger:

I don't know much about him off the field. :lol:

He looks like he couldn't even work the dishwasher though, so you might be right. 

Just standing looking at the dishwasher and looking at his wife. Dishwasher. Wife. Dishwasher. Wife. All the while with that manic grin on his face. 

• Haha 11

£33m is decent for a kid who has never kicked a ball in one of Europe’s top leagues. Man City sold Cole Palmer because of these rules when they probably would have rather kept him. It’s shite but now we can hopefully get the cheque book out next month and avoid any points deductions 

• Like 2