Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

23 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I would not be happy with that deal. Elanga is no improvement over Almiron. 

I suppose it will save us 6 points though. 

Do the swap on 30th June then swap them back on 1st July.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We're a transfer window away from Chelsea swapping hotels for players.

I still can't quite believe they've got away with that. Unless they haven't yet cos it was only done in the most recent FY, and maybe they're just assuming it'll be accepted. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I didn’t realise his stats were that good to be fair. I still haven’t been impressed with him and he isn’t a player that will get us in top 4. My opinion of course.

He'd definitely be a player that would still need a substantial amount of coaching to reach his potential, a fair bit more than Gordon for example, but he definitely has the raw materials in terms of his directness and pace. It would also be nice to have a right footed right winger instead of this inverted winger shite all the time. Oh and he can actually use his weaker foot unlike Almiron. 

Edit. On a side note it might be good to have another Swedish player in the team besides Krafth. I presume him and Isak are mates being around the same age and in the national team. 

Edited by Polarboy

Anderson for Elanga would be a great deal given Anderson is probably our 7th choice CM.

Minteh for Elanga is a strange one. Elanga has proven himself in the premier league so is probably ahead of Minteh, but other clubs have reportedly bid £40mil for Minteh, which is more than Elanga is worth 

As much as an absolute shit show the PSR is and that's clearly now coming to the fore, I can't once again help but think the club has mismanaged this. 

Aye it's not easy to ship around players and get the right value, but we're seriously here offering our prized assets to our rivals a day before the 'deadline'? Absolutely ridiculous. 

This is what the great project has come down 3 years down the line, what a great look for the project and attracting more talent. 

Chelsea might have shady owners but they've managed to pull through twice now while we put our nice guy hats on and peddle our best players to direct rivals. Terrible. Where are the PIF? I've been thinking there's surely one last trick down the sleeve here but we're clearly desperate now. 

I can't buy that there's NOTHING that could have been done in the past 6 months or so when it already should have been clear what are finances will look like at this stage. Miggy saying no to Saudi or Minteh to Lyon has unraveled everything? Sheesh 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

There's née chance we're touting Gordon man. 

I wouldn't be surprised tbh, seems we've been talking to Chelsea about Isak even if for an unlikely, very high fee. 

Whatever the reality we've been caught out and are scrambling which is disappointing given this was an issue a year or more ago. 

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Id imagine Gordon would be getting death threats from the blue half of Merseyside if that came true. 

Hardly, Liverpool is a proper friendly derby. Half of the blue window lickers live with the red chin dribblers. They drink a bottle of scrumpy in Stanley park and split off for their respective matches and then meet back up in Stanley park to stab someone as a couple before heading home telling everyone that they’re scouse, not British on the way.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

if they sell gordon to the red bindippers the head chopping, women stoning, camel humping cunts can fuck right off.

bring back the fat lad.

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

We were in for Oliseh to the tune of 50mil just a week ago.

Something doesnt add up with these stories of us and PSR

We need sales to pass PSR for the period ending 31/6. Incomings wouldn't be until 1/7 which would count in a new PSR  year. So we may be able to afford £50 million, probably spread over a few years, but we need to balance this years books.

• Like 1

This PSR nonsense is putting me off. I have totally lost interest in transfer activities in the PL because it is not about teams being able to improve but to balance their books. That is unless you are one of the few chosen ones who are able to do whatever they want.

• Like 5