Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

10 hours ago, toonotl said:

If we're operating under the assumption that it's about what the stakeholders of it tell us it's about. As far as it's actual intentions, it's working brilliantly. We have a points deduction hanging over our heads unless we sell a talented teenager or one of our stars.

Honestly, I hope ManC win every single trophy going until such time as we're capable of competing because despite all the bullshit we will get to the top eventually. All of this nonsense is just slowing things down.

Of course, but the only way to change it is to prove that it doesn't acheive its alleged objective.

Ultimately The premier league should also know better, it's actually in their interest for new powerhouses to emerge so that there is meaningful competition for trophies and if all teams in the league can strengthen it will only serve to dilute the talent pool for competing leagues/products.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck this shite. What's the fucking point. 

How can Liverpool afford what I suspect will be in the region £100m on a single player despite their horse toothed former manager crying about them not being able to compete yet we have to swap a prospect for a slightly younger Wilson clone just to make ends meet.

Surely shit like that should prove the rules don’t work, unless of course the rules are to keep the top clubs at the top.

• Like 2

If we're prepared to sell Gordon, then Bruno and Isak are also absolutely for sale. It's a joke this though. All to meet an arbitrary figure. 

I'd honestly take the 6 point deduction over this. It might cost us CL but it's not gonna relegate us or anything. Good chance selling one of these lads costs us CL anyway. 

• Like 4

I have wonder if we're having all of these talks take place so upon review we've been seen to be trying to adhere to PSR even if we don't quite get there (e.g. if a Minteh sale falls through, or doesn't happen before June 30). In the meantime momentum seems to be building for other club's objections to this misguided legislature. Are they really going to want another season marred by numerous asterisks and protracted legal proceedings?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it’s all smoke and mirrors. The Saudis know what they’re doing 

I don't think it is at all. I think we're trying to comply with the rules and we'll have to sell someone to do so, and we're exploring all options. Why would Liverpool play along with this if it was all just a ruse? 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gloomy seriously is out of them little boy pants. I like it! 

Chilling Chill Out GIF by HRVY

I’ll believe it when I see it. But the Saudis aren’t the type to be pushed around. This strikes me as tactical move to put more pressure on the PL to end the psr bullshit 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think it is at all. I think we're trying to comply with the rules and we'll have to sell someone to do so, and we're exploring all options. Why would Liverpool play along with this if it was all just a ruse? 

I think it’s tactical. It’s so nonsensical - the idea that the richest owners in world football are forced to sell the best player to a league rival. It’s too ridiculous to take seriously. 

I’ll be appalled if it’s true. I think it’s almost certainly bullshit story designed to highlight how pathetic these rules are 

• Like 2

I wish I had Gloomy's level of confidence. Of course, there is a big chance that's it's all smoke and mirrors. For instance, perhaps it's designed to generate leverage in the Minteh deal to show that we're "prepared" to sell someone else to clear the PSR hurdle if necessary thereby convincing Everton to drop their price on DCL. It's possible. I dunno.

I know that it's certainly not good for us all sitting in the dark with a story every few hours about one of our key players leaving. :lol: 

Like Gemmers said, we sell one of Isak, Gordon or Bruno and that's a big chance we're fucked for being competitive for 4th and CL football anyway. I'd take the points penalty. Then concentrate on the political game to articulate exactly how anti-competitive these rules are for developing teams.

15 minutes ago, OTF said:

I have wonder if we're having all of these talks take place so upon review we've been seen to be trying to adhere to PSR even if we don't quite get there (e.g. if a Minteh sale falls through, or doesn't happen before June 30). In the meantime momentum seems to be building for other club's objections to this misguided legislature. Are they really going to want another season marred by numerous asterisks and protracted legal proceedings?

Well this is embarrassing. I've posted just about the same thing as CN at the same time. Our thoughts may have touched and I may be contaminated.

Screenshot_20240629_200502_X.thumb.jpg.ebf113180fe8b96e18df054182ed7987.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Well this is embarrassing. I've posted just about the same thing as CN at the same time. Our thoughts may have touched and I may be contaminated.

Screenshot_20240629_200502_X.thumb.jpg.ebf113180fe8b96e18df054182ed7987.jpg

Smoke and mirrors, it now makes sense that you are the chicken nonce in disguise 🥸 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, toonotl said:

I wish I had Gloomy's level of confidence. Of course, there is a big chance that's it's all smoke and mirrors. For instance, perhaps it's designed to generate leverage in the Minteh deal to show that we're "prepared" to sell someone else to clear the PSR hurdle if necessary thereby convincing Everton to drop their price on DCL. It's possible. I dunno.

I know that it's certainly not good for us all sitting in the dark with a story every few hours about one of our key players leaving. :lol: 

Like Gemmers said, we sell one of Isak, Gordon or Bruno and that's a big chance we're fucked for being competitive for 4th and CL football anyway. I'd take the points penalty. Then concentrate on the political game to articulate exactly how anti-competitive these rules are for developing teams.

the counter point to that is if we sell someone for £100m we get to splash the cash in the remainder of the window. I’d like to think the club will find a more creative solution and this is all noise