Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

A new addition for the loan thread i bet :cool:

We all look forward to the 3 monthly updates before the gifs of John Travolta start around Christmas time.

• Haha 4

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

A new addition for the loan thread i bet :cool:

Probably. We are stacking a bunch of promising players into the developmental squads or out on loan. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

We all look forward to the 3 monthly updates before the gifs of John Travolta start around Christmas time.

It was turning into the Minteh thread:lol: Hopefully we stock up on some more (decent) youngsters this summer

• Like 1

I read that Matic has compared this kid to Ivanovic and Vidic, and has said that he's a shoe in for the national team if he keeps developing the way he is. High praise when you look at the careers and type of players the aforementioned had and were. We also supposedly beat Monaco, Dortmund, and a few premier league clubs to his signature. Obviously if Monaco and especially Dortmund are after a player it's a good sign. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBlue said:

any players in your academy that you care to do a "fair value" swap with one of ours for?

We have one Isak Haydem. Absolutely cracking player, destined for huge things, European experience and developed in Arsenals academy.

Would be sad to see him go tbh

• Haha 5

On 26/06/2024 at 10:18, The Fish said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't wages play into PSR calculations as well? So, if we get, say £15m for Trippier and drop his wages of, say, £120k per week. He's got 1 year left on his deal, so that's c£6.24m + the £15m, so around £21m onto this years books. Dump another player for around the same book value (or Minteh for £30m?) and we're golden, right?

i used to try doing the transfer + wages + depreciation maths but in the end decided it was best just to trust the club and enjoy the football (i have a maths degree too, not that it matters)

Just now, Dazzler said:

Rumours going the DCL/Minteh swap is back on - or at least still under consideration.

I thought I had made my position clear on DCL for the last time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

I thought I had made my position clear on DCL for the last time.

Take it up with the Staveley-Ghodoussi's mate, fuck all to do with me. They don't let me pick the players anymore.

• Haha 6

The thing I read paraphrased the chronicle and suggested Everton came back to us willing to drop their price for DCL but I couldn't see it explicitly stated in the actual article in the chronicle.

• Like 1