Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

£40m is the fee mentioned for and apparently the amount we need for PSR.  So selling him for £15m does nothing for us.

Oh my god I was just joking on stop being such a stick-in-the-mud.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

What is the penalty for not complying?  If it's a six point deduction, we'd be better off just taking that rather than selling Bruno.  I mean since he's signed, how many games have we won when he's not played?

For Chelsea, an extra 10 points in the league

For us, relegation to the Conference and the stadium demolished

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Imagine the richest owner in the world getting docked points over psr.. as if the owner doesnt have the money to cover it

FYP 👍 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Accordint to Valencia Media... Newcastle is not interested more in the georgian GK. 

https://x.com/sanchis14/status/1805567121557991639

We couldn't afford him anyway.

Isn't our supposed PSR defecit in the ballpark of £25m and not 40 btw? Surely we can scramble together that much in additional sponsorship revenue. Do we not yet have an official Canine Dental Sticks partner, or a preferred Weight Loss Medication partner?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How did we end up getting caught out with this anyway? 

Probably by trying to do everything above board.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How did we end up getting caught out with this anyway? 

I think we probably thought close enough would be good enough. Then Everton and Forest got points deductions. 

I suspect were in a much better PSR position than is reported, based on square root of feck all other than a feeling mind, that and having worked with our middle eastern brethren in the past, they know the full history of every penny in my experience.

If we were in a good position, we wouldn't be trying to sell a prospect who has had a good season on loan and is now wanted by a bunch of teams across Europe. 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I think we probably thought close enough would be good enough. Then Everton and Forest got points deductions. 

I don't buy that, since the deductions for the other teams there's been more than enough time to setup something with Saudi clubs or something like that. They can bail Chelsea out but not us?

And with all the noise the club has been making about PSR for the last year or so you'd think we wouldn't be left scrambling till the last week. I suspect they still have something up their sleeve but we're running it real close now. 

27 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I don't buy that, since the deductions for the other teams there's been more than enough time to setup something with Saudi clubs or something like that. They can bail Chelsea out but not us?

And with all the noise the club has been making about PSR for the last year or so you'd think we wouldn't be left scrambling till the last week. I suspect they still have something up their sleeve but we're running it real close now. 

There hasn't really been time to sort anything. The window has only been open a few weeks and it's not an easy task to just magic up £40+m of PSR profit out of nowhere. 

Selling to Saudi is difficult cos players don't want to go there if they're any good or not at the tail end of their career. 

Having said that, I've been talking to a lad tonight whose mate works in real estate in Dubai and he reckons Trippier is arranging viewings over there. Apparently a lot of the Saudi Pro League players set themselves up in Dubai. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There hasn't really been time to sort anything. The window has only been open a few weeks and it's not an easy task to just magic up £40+m of PSR profit out of nowhere. 

Selling to Saudi is difficult cos players don't want to go there if they're any good or not at the tail end of their career. 

Having said that, I've been talking to a lad tonight whose mate works in real estate in Dubai and he reckons Trippier is arranging viewings over there. Apparently a lot of the Saudi Pro League players set themselves up in Dubai. 

Not just pro players, a lot of professionals in general do that. I told you all this when the Saudi signings boom first started :huff: 

Trippier, Wilson, Almiron are all great candidates for Saudi and should all know their time here is coming to an end. I know Miggy didn't want to leave in Jan but he needs to be promptly told to feck off now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I thought they all lived in Bahrain?

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Divorces ain’t cheap.

Sorry, look at me teaching my grandma how to suck eggs.

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

A mate of mine who gets bits and pieces of info from a players relative, heard weeks ago that Trips is off to Saudi for a couple of years with his missus heading back to the North West with the kids.  It was then all over twitter a few weeks later and Trips hasn't been involved in any of the new kit launch so I'm fairly convinced this is accurate info.  Don't see how all of this gets done before the end of June like, unless it already is and they're just waiting for Southgate's incompetence to finally get us knocked out of the Euro's to announce it.

• Like 3