Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Yeah I was thinking that too.  In that sense and others, I'm hoping Minteh ends up elsewhere.

Well if it does, we have a PSR problem and 6 days to find a solution, assuming this is a 30 June thing which I assume it is. 

What from I can tell, even Everton supporters don't massively rate him.

Thank God for that. Should be brilliant given their track record. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nothing about DLC's last three seasons would suggest he's better than Wilson.  He's only ever had two good seasons.  What from I can tell, even Everton supporters don't massively rate him.

Everton have been wholly dire for several seasons, though they weren't last terrible last season. He's a finisher. If it was a swap between the two (it's not) IMO it would be a no brainer to get the player 5 years younger who's superior in the air and has been playing hamstrung by a poor side. Many Everton supporters didn't rate Gordon.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well if it does, we have a PSR problem and 6 days to find a solution, assuming this is a 30 June thing which I assume it is. 

I did read that Lyon were willing to pay what we want.  Seems unlikely they can afford to spunk £30-£40m on a pretty untried 19 yr old like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Everton have been wholly dire for several seasons, though they weren't last terrible last season. He's a finisher. If it was a swap between the two (it's not) IMO it would be a no brainer to get the player 5 years younger who's superior in the air and has been playing hamstrung by a poor side. Many Everton supporters didn't rate Gordon.

He couldn't hit a barn door for most of last season until the Burnley keeper kicked one off his arse.  I'm not saying he's shit by any means but age is the only thing he has over Wilson.  He's not at the level Wilson has been for us.

• Like 1

I was looking at DCL's injury record and it seems like he may have just had a tough recovery from the broken toe that kept him out for ages. Players usually do get niggling injuries when coming back from such long lay offs, so hopefully that's all it is and he's not going to have a career like Wilson's in terms of injury. One season obviously isn't enough data to say he's going to be fine going forward, but he was fit for the vast majority of last season. As for his goalscoring record it's unsurprising that his confidence and subsequently his goal scoring record would be down at a club like Everton. I'd back Howe to get him back to approaching a 1 in 2 striker which he managed at Everton a few seasons back. 

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I know what I think, if he's joining them cunts I hope he's fucking shite.

I hope we've got a very good sell on clause which we should have if we're in a better position to bargain than Everton. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hope we've got a very good sell on clause which we should have if we're in a better position to bargain than Everton. 

first dibs via a buyback clause for not much more than we sold him for, would also be a smart move

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

first dibs via a buyback clause for not much more than we sold him for, would also be a smart move

The PSG approach to selling talented youth players.

He's absolute dogshit, let's not delude ourselves. If this is a fiddle to get around PSR then I accept it as the cost of doing business, and no doubt that loophole will quickly be closed since it was benefiting clubs like us and Villa who the big boys can't allow to get to the top table. But if this is in any way us paying actual pounds sterling for Calvert-Lewin then somebody in the club hierarchy needs their head looked at because he is wretched. We'll need another striker to come in to play backup to Isak because DCL is not good enough or fit enough for that role. 

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

He couldn't hit a barn door for most of last season until the Burnley keeper kicked one off his arse.  I'm not saying he's shit by any means but age is the only thing he has over Wilson.  He's not at the level Wilson has been for us.

I think one of the mods needs to rename David's account to "Wilsons Ego"

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I think the plan is to swap Minteh for DCL and say that it was a £35m value for PSR. I imagine if Minteh to Everton doesn't happen, then DCL to Newcastle won't happen. 

bowing-thank-you.gif

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

So as I was saying DCL is fucking shit.

• Haha 4

If Minteh WANTS to sign for Everton ahead of Lyon or Dortmund then he isn't a player I want at NUFC anyway. You should only ever WANT to leave Everton. 

I'd sell him for £500k to anyone else now personally and wash our hands with him.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

do we rate lee ryder as a source? 

9254.thumb.jpg.6b260b4cd5a681b3192bffc9f4e453c5.jpg

"Tread very carefully with the answer to this, mind. Very fucking carefully Indeed."

• Haha 9