Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’m seeing comments like “devastating” and “this club, man” on X.

The kid is completely unproven and never even played for us. Some fans are mental.

To be fair when we signed him, we had all heard this name. 

IMO

- Wilson out for a similar fee to DCL in makes sense. DCL is younger and had a largely injury free season last year 

- If selling Minteh means we can keep Isak and Bruno it's a no brainer. I hope we have a buy back clause though 

- We are obviously after another CB. Don't know too much about Kilman but worry about his quality if he can't get ahead of Dunk in the England team. Tomori also linked apparently 

IMG_1722.thumb.png.467fa41ef5df5dab8f2725de1f4c62ae.png

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The kid is completely unproven and never even played for us. Some fans are mental.

I guess the one justified question is,  does it make sense to sell our bright young RW when that's potentially the one area we need to strengthen most?

I guess the rationale would be that's an instant £20-30mil in the bank, where's signing an Olise type player would probably cost £8mil a season spread over 5 years 

We wouldn't be doing this if we weren't in a hole on PSR. I just hope the rules get sorted out cos having clubs with no financial concerns do this hokey-cokey every year to meet an arbitrary figure is ludicrous. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I guess the one justified question is,  does it make sense to sell our bright young RW when that's potentially the one area we need to strengthen most?

I guess the rationale would be that's an instant £20-30mil in the bank, where's signing an Olise type player would probably cost £8mil a season spread over 5 years 

Aye. In an ideal world we’d keep him but it’s pure profit on a player that’s never even played for us. It’s the new PSR world we live in in afraid. 

6 hours ago, Toonpack said:

While we undoubtedly could do with an upgrade at RW, I don’t get the fixation with it, seems all anyone talks about “we need a new RW” etc. last season we created/scored more goals than ever.

Miggy contributed three goals and one assist over the whole of last season, Murphy is decent but not top class.

RW is the one area that we haven’t improved since the takeover and is well overdue an upgrade.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Twitter is rammed to the gills with people who should be ignored being given an audience 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Miggy contributed three goals and one assist over the whole of last season, Murphy is decent but not top class.

RW is the one area that we haven’t improved since the takeover and is well overdue an upgrade.

If Minteh ends up at Dortmund I wonder where Sancho will end up?.. very much a Howe type player…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If Minteh ends up at Dortmund I wonder where Sancho will end up?.. very much a Howe type player…

Straight swap for Ashworth?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Someone didn’t Hawk Tuah Dougle last night :lol:

Understand Captain America GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

When have I ever shit out a coffee table?

Perhaps you should consider it? Cut out the middle man and all that. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

His attitude stinks because he’s fallen out with Ten Bob? :lol: 

Newcastle will have to start to pay bigger wages at some point…. 

Aye his attitude has never been questioned during either stint with Dortmund. In fact he ran himself into the ground most games for them. He was late to training because the manager didn’t like his face and made the kid train with the youth teams, even banning him from having a scran with the squad.

Playing second fiddle to a 90m flop who batters his missus probably didn’t help either like. Even worse, Ten Hag also wanted Greenwood back in the squad so he’d have been playing third fiddle to two nonces. Hardly a place to give your all for.

They reckon £30m gets Sancho and even if he’s a bit uppity our squad will make him fall in line as they are all close so won’t tolerate a bellend. He’d be a massive upgrade on what we have, and if proving himself and getting back into the England set up is what he’s after then I’m sure the money won’t be a problem imo.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Aye his attitude has never been questioned during either stint with Dortmund. In fact he ran himself into the ground most games for them. He was late to training because the manager didn’t like his face and made the kid train with the youth teams, even banning him from having a scran with the squad.

That’s not quite true. Well, actually, not even remotely true. At both spells at Dortmund he has been persistently late for training/team meetings. He was previously dropped by Dortmund for returning late from England duty. Poor time keeping was also part of the reason he was dropped for England before the World Cup in Qatar. He’s quite fortunate that the current Dortmund manager has said he just isn’t particularly bothered about it.

Personally I would be bothered about it. To me it’s a clear indicator of poor discipline and motivation and isn’t the sort of character I think Howe would want around the squad. He doesn’t have to be the first in and last out of training but but his attitude doesn’t seem to match the intensity that our side requires.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you.have an everton friend?

is that some kind of voluntary work you do?

Two actually, this lads brother ☺️

Their folks were from Dodge City/Kirkby…we all played in the same Sunday side in the 90s..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s not quite true. Well, actually, not even remotely true. At both spells at Dortmund he has been persistently late for training/team meetings. He was previously dropped by Dortmund for returning late from England duty. Poor time keeping was also part of the reason he was dropped for England before the World Cup in Qatar. He’s quite fortunate that the current Dortmund manager has said he just isn’t particularly bothered about it.

Personally I would be bothered about it. To me it’s a clear indicator of poor discipline and motivation and isn’t the sort of character I think Howe would want around the squad. He doesn’t have to be the first in and last out of training but but his attitude doesn’t seem to match the intensity that our side requires.

Beat me to it. Ten Haag is a dick, but the Sancho mess wasn't one sided. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye it could do with an upgrade but it’s not #1 priority for me, conceding less than 62 goals is, IMO.