Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

There is definitely a player in Anderson but I’m not sure what his position is. He can play various positions which is handy.  If we have to,  I’d personally be looking to move Longstaff on this summer and let Miley and Anderson break through behind Tonali.

Ah, so this is us doing what Chelsea, Forest and Villa are doing. I hadn't twigged that previously. 

Inflate the value of DCL and Minteh and we both clear our PSR losses. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah, so this is us doing what Chelsea, Forest and Villa are doing. I hadn't twigged that previously. 

Inflate the value of DCL and Minteh and we both clear our PSR losses. 

Yeah, i get why we're doing it.

PSR is fucking wank though when we're having to put ourselves in a weaker footballing position to abide by the arbitrary spending rules.

Theyve managed to ruin silly season with this boring shit

• Like 5

I do think that if we can get ridiculous money (£30 million plus) for Minteh, we’ll invest that money so well over the next 3 windows that we’ll not even care that we sold him. I’ve got full faith in the recruitment and squad building side of the club these days 

All of this because American ownership and old-money clubs have got together to restrict competition so they can maintain their position at the top of the tree and continue running footballs clubs for profit so they can skim off the top for themselves. Good ol' capitalism at work.

• Like 2

Sacrificed on the altar of PSR. Hopefully this clears our problem, allows us to keep Bruno and Isak, and we can build our commercial income (or work the new rules) enough to not find ourselves in this position again. 

While we undoubtedly could do with an upgrade at RW, I don’t get the fixation with it, seems all anyone talks about “we need a new RW” etc. last season we created/scored more goals than ever.

For me, it’s the other end of the pitch that needs the priority investment, another right CB being #1 priority and better back up keeper, then striker depth then RW.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Fucking hell

rage-smash.gif

can we have 1 proper dribbler on this team

Just watch Adam Pearson. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

tenor.gif

Someone needs firing if they go through with this 

We accept your resignation, then, cheers.

We’ll give you a week’s notice from now before the Ban Hammer strikes :lol:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Anderson was so unlucky to get injured last season, otherwise it would have been him (rather than Miley) getting all those first team games, and then we’d have a much better idea of his level.

Seems a shame to consider letting a local lad go who could be a perfectly good squad player. But if that’s the sort of shit we have to do to survive the financial rules 🤷

He's not a similar player to Miley though. Anderson has always been wasteful whereas Miley protected possession well was defensively more present and showed a better range of passing without requiring space and time. We've seen enough of Anderson over the years. He'll definitely improve but I can't see him being at the level we want to be.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Fucking hell

rage-smash.gif

can we have 1 proper dribbler on this team

29F057A300000578-0-image-a-15_1435176211009.jpg.5474b5304f19cbbeb44127d43dc51d0c.jpg

Minteh is completely unproven in England and it’s almost pure profit. That doesn’t mean I’m happy about it but I can see the rationale. It also doesn’t mean we don’t subsequently flog Almiron to a Saudi team whilst getting a serious RW upgrade. I can’t say signing DCL makes a lot of sense like. 

• Like 6

It is interesting to see how frustrated we are with this sale considering that we don't know of he can make it in the Premier League. 

There is no guarantee that he would make it here and if he doesn't then the potential £30,000,000 would be amazing. 

We only got £23,000,000 for ASM and he was doing relatively well for us,mor had done, over a number of seasons. 

I know that we can see him as one for the future but I am still waiting for Anderson to show the level of promise that we were expecting. To be clear, it is not a criticism of Anderson but just an observation that sometimes it is worth the gamble to take the money and run. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Minteh is completely unproven in England and it’s almost pure profit. That doesn’t mean I’m happy about it but I can see the rationale. It also doesn’t mean we don’t subsequently flog Almiron to a Saudi team whilst getting a serious RW upgrade. I can’t say signing DCL makes a lot of sense like. 

I just hope we have a buy-back clause agreed just on the off-chance he’s the next Arjen Robben. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

It makes sense only in the context of FFP/PSR both of which make little sense.

DCL is a good player, if we can get him at a low price due to having a year left on his contract and a patchy injury record then it probably makes sense. Wilson is 5 years older. Despite their similar frames DCL and Isak are very different players that could potentially work ok together, though with our existing system would be used individually.

Both Almiron and Wilson will be sold if there is any interest. It's ridiculous that last season out only two strikers were Wilson and Isak. Without Europe it's a little more palatable but still leaves us short if we only sell and replace Wilson.

It's a shame really as I feel Wilson has done enough here to play out his time as an impact substitute and potential cup starter (when his body is able) but regulations outside of our control mean that we can't 'afford' to do this.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I just hope we have a buy-back clause agreed just on the off-chance he’s the next Arjen Robben. 

Does it really matter you coffee table shitting cunt?

That time we were after Francis Jeffers from Everton but lost our and got Bellamy instead, this seems a bit like getting Jeffers. :lol: 

In seriousness, if he stays fit I'd have confidence in this version of NUFC getting it right with bringing in DCL. I get the feeling he might be a bit of a confidence player and coming here after the toxicity of Goodison these last few years might see him be an absolute bargain as it could be a huge breath of fresh air, see A. Gordon who looked full of fight there with potential but not what he has become here. Disappointing that we could be letting a diamond away when it's in our hands but he could end up being this decades Andy Carroll, you just don't know? I'm guessing the club have worked it out better than us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That time we were after Francis Jeffers from Everton but lost our and got Bellamy instead, this seems a bit like getting Jeffers. :lol: 

In seriousness, if he stays fit I'd have confidence in this version of NUFC getting it right with bringing in DCL. I get the feeling he might be a bit of a confidence player and coming here after the toxicity of Goodison these last few years might see him be an absolute bargain as it could be a huge breath of fresh air, see A. Gordon who looked full of fight there with potential but not what he has become here. Disappointing that we could be letting a diamond away when it's in our hands but he could end up being this decades Andy Carroll, you just don't know? I'm guessing the club have worked it out better than us. 

from my Everton supporting mate. DCL is another target of the Gwladys Street End’s boo boys, my mate fuckin despises them. He truly believes they hold the club back…

IMG_4937.jpeg

• Like 2