Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Aye. He misses loads from the naked eye.  It might be that he is streaky but I’m not sure I’d take a chance on him.

It looks like we are solely fishing in the English market at the moment which is surprising. 

We’ll get him coached into a goal scoring machine. I genuinely think this will work out fine and I have absolutely no qualms about Howe using PL ready players to round the squad out like others seem to. I’d rather us save the big money for a right winger and centre half from the continent 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

DCL only has 12months left on his contract so you would imagine he is costing under £20mil

If it’s like £10m then I’m okay with this. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

DCL only has 12months left on his contract so you would imagine he is costing under £20mil

The mail are saying that Everton value him at 35 million, and that they won't be forced into selling him on the cheap. In reality though given Everton's financial predicament and DCL's contract situation, there's surely plenty of leverage on our side to get him for less than his valuation. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

what 😀

Apparently we offered cash + Elliot Anderson for Max Kilman. (Rejected by Wolves). 

• Haha 3

Forest, Chelsea and Villa, from what I can see. Fiddling the FPP rules at the last minute. 

Makes you wonder if we're trying and failing to get anyone to play ball. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Forest, Chelsea and Villa, from what I can see. Fiddling the FPP rules at the last minute. 

Makes you wonder if we're trying and failing to get anyone to play ball. 

We don’t have any decent youngsters because of years of Ashley underinvestment 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, strawb said:

We don’t have any decent youngsters because of years of Ashley underinvestment 

Might explain why we're reported to be trying to use Anderson as a makeweight in the Kilman deal. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Might explain why we're reported to be trying to use Anderson as a makeweight in the Kilman deal. 

Might be a hot take but I don’t think Anderson is going to make it here.

Seems a decent player but not quite sure what it is he is meant to be good at.

Wouldn’t include in a deal for a left footed centre back though, that seems silly when he would be “pure profit” as the kids say, if sold for cash.

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

Might be a hot take but I don’t think Anderson is going to make it here.

Seems a decent player but not quite sure what it is he is meant to be good at.

Wouldn’t include in a deal for a left footed centre back though, that seems silly when he would be “pure profit” as the kids say, if sold for cash.

Aye, on that left CM role, he has Willock and Joelinton to get in front of and then Gordon and Barnes to get through on the left wing. And that’s before you consider Miley and Harrison are waiting in the wings 

55 minutes ago, strawb said:

It all depends how it’s accounted for I suppose. For simplicity’s sake, if it were a straight swap and we agreed with Wolves to value both players at £50m then that’s £50m straight profit for each side and gives massive FFP wiggle room.

• Like 1

Miley has already contributed more than Anderson in a short stint and he's well younger. If we can sell Anderson we absolutely should. He's got promoted side written all over him. 

Sometimes (rarely) it’s useful to get an accountants input. I didn’t know disposal values would could towards ffp

• Haha 2

Anderson was so unlucky to get injured last season, otherwise it would have been him (rather than Miley) getting all those first team games, and then we’d have a much better idea of his level.

Seems a shame to consider letting a local lad go who could be a perfectly good squad player. But if that’s the sort of shit we have to do to survive the financial rules 🤷