Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

21 goal contributions in the PL plus two more in the FA cup. Not to mention the handful of penalties he won for us throughout the season that don't count in the 21. If that don't impress her then it safe to say it's a lost cause.

not to worry mate, if he carries on in the same form this coming season I'll shag him instead.

• Haha 2

Not been paying that much attention to transfers lately, is there any suggestion so far of us managing to offload any players?

46 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

21 goal contributions in the PL plus two more in the FA cup. Not to mention the handful of penalties he won for us throughout the season that don't count in the 21. If that don't impress her then it safe to say it's a lost cause.

Ok, so you made 21 goal contributions, two more in the cup plus got us a few penalties.....?

LTA:

tenor.gif?itemid=10794146

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Not been paying that much attention to transfers lately, is there any suggestion so far of us managing to offload any players?

Asides from the fringe players whose contracts have come to an end, there are persisting stories about us selling Minteh for north of £35m. Other than that I've not heard any rumours. 

I'm guessing Almiron and Wilson would be available, but not sure who their likely suitors would be.

• Thanks 1

Dortmund want Minteh.  I don't know what we should do with him.  If someone the likes of Dortmund are sniffing it says a lot.  Does he get a chance this season by Howe to show us what he can do?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dortmund want Minteh.  I don't know what we should do with him.  If someone the likes of Dortmund are sniffing it says a lot.  Does he get a chance this season by Howe to show us what he can do?

Pure profit for someone untested in the Premier League. I'd sell him to Dortmund for £30m+ with a reasonable buy-back clause?

• Like 2

I would like to see us hold on to Minteh. He's put up impressive numbers for a 19 year old in a top European league. Not that Antony is much of a yard-stick for performances, but in terms of the price there is a comparison to be made. Both playing as wingers and Minteh has scored more league goals in his only season (10) in the Dutch league than Antony managed in either of his two seasons (9 & 8, respectively). And Antony was 22 & 21 in his two seasons, so three and two years older than Minteh during this season gone. I know Antony is whatever. But in reality he's an established Brazil international so that has to count for something. Minteh is outperforming the performances that got a guy full-international status for Brazil and cost ManU 100m at the same time as being significantly younger than him.

Edited by toonotl

of course we should keep him, but we might not be able to because of this ffp bollocks, if selling means we can finances deals for ollise and the other players we have targeted. the sooner these rules are scrapped, the better. it's ridiculous our owners are being told they can't afford to buy and sell who they want 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Pure profit for someone untested in the Premier League. I'd sell him to Dortmund for £30m+ with a reasonable buy-back clause?

Makes sense, or a nice sell on bonus.  City like that one!

• Like 1

I had some funky cheese last night and ended up dreaming that we signed Ravel Morrison as a free as our marquee signing... so much so I wasn't sure if it was reality or not. Thankfully not :D 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

I had some funky cheese last night and ended up dreaming that we signed Ravel Morrison as a free as our marquee signing... so much so I wasn't sure if it was reality or not. Thankfully not :D 

Ravel Morrison

Now that's a name I haven't heard in years Meme Generator

• Haha 5

Taking FFP into consideration, which I would assume everyone does when discussing comings and goings by now, I'd much rather we do everything possible to sell several other players before we offload Minteh.

There's the added consideration that Minteh is undoubtedly on peanuts compared to offloading the likes of Almiron, Longstaff and Targett. So that's more scope in terms of FFP.

Plus we have no European football this season so the squad doesn't need to be as big (in theory). And homegrown players doesn't matter either. It's a good opportunity to shift some dead weight.

In any case, like Fish said, if there's plenty of interest in Minteh, then selling with a buy-back clause & sell-on clause and all the other bells and whistles that go with a much sort after teenager should be absolutely put into any sale that goes ahead. It's also worth noting that if we sold him for 35m (or whatever) and bought him back in a few seasons for 70m (or whatever) that would still represent a better FFP position despite paying twice as much to get him back because of the amortization rules. 

45 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Taking FFP into consideration, which I would assume everyone does when discussing comings and goings by now, I'd much rather we do everything possible to sell several other players before we offload Minteh.

There's the added consideration that Minteh is undoubtedly on peanuts compared to offloading the likes of Almiron, Longstaff and Targett. So that's more scope in terms of FFP.

Plus we have no European football this season so the squad doesn't need to be as big (in theory). And homegrown players doesn't matter either. It's a good opportunity to shift some dead weight.

In any case, like Fish said, if there's plenty of interest in Minteh, then selling with a buy-back clause & sell-on clause and all the other bells and whistles that go with a much sort after teenager should be absolutely put into any sale that goes ahead. It's also worth noting that if we sold him for 35m (or whatever) and bought him back in a few seasons for 70m (or whatever) that would still represent a better FFP position despite paying twice as much to get him back because of the amortization rules. 

i miss the days when we could discuss transfers without considering amortisation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i blame the accountants 

I blame the established top clubs creating this protectionist bullshit in the first place.

• Like 4

It's the whole world against Jim Ratcliffe. Again:

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on UEFA blocking Todibo's move to Man Utd: "They've said we can sell him to another Premiership club, but we can't sell to Man Utd. But that's not fair on the player, and I don’t see what that achieves."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I blame the established top clubs creating this protectionist bullshit in the first place.

and the accountants.

mainly gemmill and dazzler tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

and the accountants.

mainly gemmill and dazzler tbh

that's fair.

• Haha 2

On 19/06/2024 at 13:08, Howmanheyman said:

The Very public diary of the Very real journalist, Luke Edwards, keeping it real

"Dear diary,

Bladdy hell, it's getting harder, it really is. I feel like I'm juggling plates all over whilst trying to do the chicken dance on my phone. I'm out there digging away for some legitimate scoops, not just regurgitated quotes about what Simon Jordan said on talk sport, (I'm looking at you here, evening chronicle sports team), then getting myself out there on social media to wind up fans, especially a few of the thick ones who aren't a threat yet you get the likes of wykiki retweeting sports bible and shit like that trying to pretend they're real sports journalists. I can laugh off the likes of Ryder and Graves but the likes of burnsie can do one. Anyway, time for a twitter upload. Like Tom Jones said, I think I better dance now.....

bouceguy.gif

..... Ooh, where's my Aldi Sauvignon Blanc? I'm all pooped out now!"

is that a clip of Temuri Ketsbaia in a geordie nightclub?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

is that a clip of Temuri Ketsbaia in a geordie nightclub?

:lol:

No it's the London NE correspondent for the telegraph. He likes to dance on twitter and argue with Newcastle fans. :good: