Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

When was this?

In the behind closed doors game against Burnley yesterday afternoon. Again him scoring and assisting could easily be untrue given I've only seen it on social media. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

In the behind closed doors game against Burnley yesterday afternoon. Again him scoring and assisting could easily be untrue given I've only seen it on social media. 

was it definitely yesterday?

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I heard, but take it with a pinch of salt, that Tonali got a goal and two assists against Burnley. It would be great if he could hit the ground running when his ban is over, but the PL is a different kettle of fish of course. As for Thiaw 10m seems like an awfully big gap in valuation, but if he's genuinely interested in joining us that's always incredibly helpful to proceedings. 

If that's true, I'm not worried. £10m, can be negotiated down, or folded into clauses based on player or team performance.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

was it definitely yesterday?

Wednesday does usually precede Thursday. The quotes I seen from the Times piece said it was played. Are you saying different? 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Wednesday does usually precede Thursday. The quotes I seen from the Times piece said it was played. Are you saying different? 

no no mate , not at all.

and aye, definitely right with the first bit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Thursday precedes Wednesday if you go back far enough. Are we absolutely certain Tonali did this yesterday when the team played yesterday?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Thursday precedes Wednesday if you go back far enough. Are we absolutely certain Tonali did this yesterday when the team played yesterday?

Thursday should come after Wednesday, the former is the son of the latter.

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Thursday should come after Wednesday, the former is the son of the latter.

Then who the fuck is last Thursday?

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Then who the fuck is last Thursday?

That pesky son again.

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The season can’t start soon enough can it? Fucking hell :lol:

When does it start? Is it yesterday?

• Haha 4

Football Insider claiming Miggy is away. Are they the same ones who claimed KDB was away only for Pep to rubbish it? Just trying to understand the amount of salt I need to pinch.

Well let's hope this isn't true either. Madueke might turn out to be decent but even if you account for PSR it leaves a bad taste that he seemingly isn't good enough for them to fight to keep, and obviously it massively helps them to buy an academy player off them. Underwhelming all the way around. 

15 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Well let's hope this isn't true either. Madueke might turn out to be decent but even if you account for PSR it leaves a bad taste that he seemingly isn't good enough for them to fight to keep, and obviously it massively helps them to buy an academy player off them. Underwhelming all the way around. 

He's not an academy player, they spent £30m on him from PSV. I personally think he'd be a shrewd signing (assuming he's not costing the earth). Half the time I've seen Chelsea play he's the only one putting in a shift.

But as Wyki has confirmed football insider is a shite source, and this is 99.999999% bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

i know what you mean but i wouldn't turn my nose up at madueke - highly rated, and an obvious upgrade on miggy 

39 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He's not an academy player, they spent £30m on him from PSV. I personally think he'd be a shrewd signing (assuming he's not costing the earth). Half the time I've seen Chelsea play he's the only one putting in a shift.

But as Wyki has confirmed football insider is a shite source, and this is 99.999999% bullshit.

I could have sworn he was given they've had him a few years, he's English, and he's still relatively young. But yeah, evidently he was at Spud's academy before going to PSV. Given they bought him fours years ago his fee probably is pretty much off the books, so even if he isn't an academy player it would still largely be "profit" for them. 

Edit. Just realised that I misread the contract signing date, and they only bought him last season 😂 Fuck it, let's just buy him. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I could have sworn he was given they've had him a few years, he's English, and he's still relatively young. But yeah, evidently he was at Spud's academy before going to PSV. Given they bought him fours years ago his fee probably is pretty much off the books, so even if he isn't an academy player it would still largely be "profit" for them. 

Edit. Just realised that I misread the contract signing date, and they only bought him last season 😂 Fuck it, let's just buy him. 

Jake Johnson Fox GIF by New Girl

• Haha 2

If you look at his numbers last season they don't seem all that impressive, but upon closer inspection he only started a handful of games, and the games he started in were where he got most of his goals and assists. It's never going to sit right with me if we help Chelsea in any way given the way they conduct business in the transfer market etc, but I'm sure Howe could very easily make any trepadations I have about Madueke look stupid quite quickly. The question is will he take half a season  to adjust like Gordon, or perhaps more. I know there's no guarantee any player will hit the ground running, but it would be nice to have a player who's perhaps more fully formed, but Howe of course has said we can't afford those types just yet. 

11 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If you look at his numbers last season they don't seem all that impressive, but upon closer inspection he only started a handful of games, and the games he started in were where he got most of his goals and assists. It's never going to sit right with me if we help Chelsea in any way given the way they conduct business in the transfer market etc, but I'm sure Howe could very easily make any trepadations I have about Madueke look stupid quite quickly. The question is will he take half a season  to adjust like Gordon, or perhaps more. I know there's no guarantee any player will hit the ground running, but it would be nice to have a player who's perhaps more fully formed, but Howe of course has said we can't afford those types just yet. 

I think it'll be a quicker transition for Madueke as he's coming from Pochball which isn't too dissimilar to Howeball. Gordon was coming off the back of being chased down the street with bricks by his own relatives.

• Haha 9

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season