Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Your man Bland who made the tweet about the players being bewildered by Mandy and Mehrdad leaving has said that a contract is agreed in principle for Thiaw. But given his other tweet I'm not sure how to take him. If these are our targets, as in Thiaw and Elanga, then I anticipate people being underwhelmed, but I honestly think they'd be very clever signings. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 3

Thiaw is a 22 year old RCB who plays for Germany and Milan. Sounds like a Botman type signing and likely Schar's long term successor. Not sure what's not to like.

Elanga got 5 goals and 9 assists in a bang average Forest team least season. If we were signing him from a foreign team I reckon most fans would be more excited. He knows the league, is only 22, and knows how to play with Isak at international level. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Thiaw is a 22 year old RCB who plays for Germany and Milan. Sounds like a Botman type signing and likely Schar's long term successor. Not sure what's not to like.

Elanga got 5 goals and 9 assists in a bang average Forest team least season. If we were signing him from a foreign team I reckon most fans would be more excited. He knows the league, is only 22, and knows how to play with Isak at international level. 

Yeah I obviously agree with your assessment, but, and I know the internet isn't really reality, I've seen plenty turning their nose up at the mere mention of Elanga, and I'm sure there's plenty who'd rather we go for someone a bit more exciting than Thiaw such as Antonio Silva. As I said I'd be more than happy with both if it means we can spread the funds about a bit and get a decent forward as well. It would be insane to try for someone like a Bowen for example and basically blow our whole budget on one player. Bowen is a pretty extreme example, but you get what I mean. Even if we could spend what we wanted I'd still rather we largely tried to sign players just before they become internationally well known elite players. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Barkley was about £4.5m or something daft like that. A proper 90s throwback transfer fee. 

So a 2010s transfer fee in Mike Ashley pounds, then. (Gouffran cost 4m if I’m remembering correctly?)

1 hour ago, acrossthepond said:

So a 2010s transfer fee in Mike Ashley pounds, then. (Gouffran cost 4m if I’m remembering correctly?)

Gouffran cost about £500k :lol:

• Haha 2

Gouffran, Marveaux, Obertan, Haidara, Mbiwa, Riveiere, Pancrate, Amalfitano, Cabella, Thauvin

Tens of millions wasted on French shite trying to replicate the Cabaye deal 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gouffran, Marveaux, Obertan, Haidara, Mbiwa, Riveiere, Pancrate, Amalfitano, Cabella, Thauvin

Tens of millions wasted on French shite trying to replicate the Cabaye deal 

Not even the good Amalfitano, his chin dribbling brother instead :lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’ve not been that impressed with Simons when I’ve seen him play. 

You haven't seen much of him then - he was a dab hand with a nail gun in The Wire.

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Emile Smith Rowe looks like he is off.

id take a punt on him and let Eddie work his magic. He can cover lots of positions as well. 

* Mrs wykiki enters the chat

• Haha 9

38 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Emile Smith Rowe looks like he is off.

id take a punt on him and let Eddie work his magic. He can cover lots of positions as well. 

He will cost what £40m?  Would rather we spent money elsewhere

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He will cost what £40m?  Would rather we spent money elsewhere

Would he cost that much? Might be worth a look is what I was thinking until I considered that we have good depth in midfield with Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff and Miley. Agree that it's more important to spend that money elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

Would he cost that much? Might be worth a look is what I was thinking until I considered that we have good depth in midfield with Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff and Miley. Agree that it's more important to spend that money elsewhere.

He can play on the wings and can also play number 10 (which we lack if Eddie needs to change it) as well as 8.

I'd be a bit worried that he's one of those that played his best football as a youngster. But I'm sure we'll do our homework. 

I see Madueke and Bowen are being looked at apparently. Would be a shame to help Chelsea out with PSR, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still need to move lads like him on. He looks a decent player. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I'd be a bit worried that he's one of those that played his best football as a youngster. But I'm sure we'll do our homework. 

I see Madueke and Bowen are being looked at apparently. Would be a shame to help Chelsea out with PSR, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still need to move lads like him on. He looks a decent player. 

both of those would be good additions to the sqaud. bowen is going to cost £60m+, you'd think. better value probably found elsewhere 

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Madueke would be a good signing. There have been times he’s looked like the only one in that Chelsea squad willing to put graft in, plus he’s young with a high ceiling. I don’t care about PSR if it gets us a quality player in, personally.

• Like 1

All quiet on the Western Front. 

I know it's a good thing we are keeping our cards close to our chest with transfers, but I do miss the days of us being linked with 5 new players every day 

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season