Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

24 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

What position does the lad in the chair play?

Jonah Hill GIF

7 hours ago, OTF said:

Not sure you want to be digging up too much history on predictions @sammynb :lol:

Hey K @OTF, I know you've got a soft spot for the CC mackems and it was good to see them win their treble this season but I stand by what I said, lets just update it to 3 season of an anomaly! 😉 

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

Nope, I just don't write off 19yr old kids when there are mitigating circumstances to his lack of impact.

I dunno if he'll make it, in all likelihood he won't, so few actually do, but his time at Hearts was disrupted by a managerial change, as was his time at Vollendam. Who knows how much those changes stymied his progress? 

Who is writing him off? I always questioned whether he was good enough to make the move up in level.

Unlike others, I have seen Kuol play lots and besides a bit of pace, especially in comparison to the slow A-League footballers, he doesn't have a lot to his game, nothing to justify the hype by "those in the know!"

Alright! I will admit it since no one else is prepared to.

I predicted that Sammy would be met with warm applause and universal adulation for his early prediction that a teenage prospect signed for peanuts wouldn't make it.

I'm ashamed of the lot of you, honestly. Expected more. I guess those pesky "in the knows" already knew that a person frantically patting themselves on the back has all the congratulations they deserve.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

Hey K @OTF, I know you've got a soft spot for the CC mackems and it was good to see them win their treble this season but I stand by what I said, lets just update it to 3 season of an anomaly! 😉 

Who is writing him off? I always questioned whether he was good enough to make the move up in level.

Unlike others, I have seen Kuol play lots and besides a bit of pace, especially in comparison to the slow A-League footballers, he doesn't have a lot to his game, nothing to justify the hype by "those in the know!"

Schitts Creek David GIF

5 hours ago, toonotl said:

Alright! I will admit it since no one else is prepared to.

I predicted that Sammy would be met with warm applause and universal adulation for his early prediction that a teenage prospect signed for peanuts wouldn't make it.

I'm ashamed of the lot of you, honestly. Expected more. I guess those pesky "in the knows" already knew that a person frantically patting themselves on the back has all the congratulations they deserve.

What a GUY (sorry ciaoman), awwwwwwwww schucks, thanks.

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Too early to call Kuol off, hes only 19. Ivan Toney and Watkins were playing league 2 football at age 22 for comparison 

spot on. not every young prospect does a rooney or a lamine yamal

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Too early to call Kuol off, hes only 19. Ivan Toney and Watkins were playing league 2 football at age 22 for comparison 

I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They've just sold Douglas Luiz for a similar price. I assume they can spread Onana's cost over 5 years and bank Luiz's in a oner.

PSR is fucked 

They signed Maatsen from Chelsea too for about 35m. Not sure how much Barkley cost (if anything). 

Fair play to Villa tbh as they're doing some wise business.  Yes, they have lost Luiz, but sounds like they're getting shut of Diaby too.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season