Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

15 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I think it's possibly unfair to judge a player on one game, when he's playing for Canada who are ranked 48, against the number 1 ranked team in the world. Even professional football scouts watch a player far more than once. He's been prolific in his career in France. Would he make the jump to the PL? I don't know, but that judgement will be down to Howe, Mitchell etc. who actually know what they're talking about. Of course with so many teams looking for a striker, and with David's fee seemingly being more than reasonable, it's going to be a battle to sign him if we do hold legitimate interest. 

Of course it is unfair but it's one game more than those who are wetting their pants in excitement. You probably should read the second line where I said he has the potential to be an Eddie player.

But that said, I can still remember those that were talking about how Kuol was going to be in the first team a year or so after the club signed him and look how that has turned out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

Of course it is unfair but it's one game more than those who are wetting their pants in excitement. You probably should read the second line where I said he has the potential to be an Eddie player.

But that said, I can still remember those that were talking about how Kuol was going to be in the first team a year or so after the club signed him and look how that has turned out.

Who said that like?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Who said that like?

Do I look like Ewerk and the search function?
Not you Davey, so don't worry but there were a few, especially on twatter.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

Do I look like Ewerk and the search function?
Not you Davey, so don't worry but there were a few, especially on twatter.

Kelsey Grammer Problem GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

There were a few on here too, besides CT.

It was because the boy was Ashworth's first signing.

Knowing what we know now, we should have known Kuol would be shite.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Knowing what we know now, we should have known Kuol would be shite.

I dunno if he's shit or not. Sounds like the loaning clubs have been in a bit of turmoil and perhaps not the best place for him to grow? 

I'd much rather he go to a lowel league English club. Toughen up, be the best player in the squad, have to put in a shift. 

• Like 3

On 01/01/2023 at 22:13, Kid Dynamite said:

He can't be any fucking worse than Wood. I'd be shipping out Murphy or Fraser and getting Kuol on the bench for the 2nd half of the season 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno if he's shit or not. Sounds like the loaning clubs have been in a bit of turmoil and perhaps not the best place for him to grow? 

I'd much rather he go to a lowel league English club. Toughen up, be the best player in the squad, have to put in a shift. 

He will never be good enough unfortunately.

Just now, The Fish said:

I don't think Hearts were in turmoil. They just binned their manager after he went there and the replacement didn't fancy him. The fact he played an average 45 minutes in only 17 games last season for a team that were absolutely dog shit doesn't scream prospect to me like - especially when compared to Minteh who went to a team playing in the same league, did well and has subsequently went to another PL club for big money.

Just now, sammynb said:

He will never be good enough unfortunately.

Maybe, maybe not

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

#deluded

Where's the rest of that post, you Daily Mail editing wanker!

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I don't think Hearts were in turmoil. They just binned their manager after he went there and the replacement didn't fancy him. The fact he played an average 45 minutes in only 17 games last season for a team that were absolutely dog shit doesn't scream prospect to me like - especially when compared to Minteh who went to a team playing in the same league, did well and has subsequently went to another PL club for big money.

"Kuol has not done anything wrong at Volendam, now managed by Regillio Simons, and his exit from the starting line-up is down to a change of system, not a decline in his progress. Volendam are now playing with ultra-defensive tactics and that has left Kuol out in the cold and in need of a change in scene next season."

Mark Wahlberg GIF

• Like 1

"Kuol has not done anything wrong at Volendam, now managed by Regillio Simons, and his exit from the starting line-up is down to a change of system, not a decline in his progress. Volendam are now playing with ultra-defensive tactics and that has left Kuol out in the cold and in need of a change in scene next season."

Mark Wahlberg GIF

You're the cunt that does half of his job, didn't even cite the source of the quote. Shameful.

He did nothing wrong, and he did nothing right.

He was shit in his appearances down under too. I doubt he'll even be a championship level player in his prime. He just doesn't have enough about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So you were one of them?

Kuol, besides being badly managed from the moment we signed him, has not shown any desire to do anything more than get a transfer back to the Central Coast Mariners. He's a young refugee kid who has moved away from his family for the first time in his life. He was overhyped by the local football media here before he was signed and then thought he was Saniatgo Munez of Goal.

Shame because as an Australian NUFC supporters you want him to do well and make the first team squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

Making a comment about a young player being able to handle pressure being a good sign isn't even remotely the same as saying a player is definitely either shit or amazing from watching one game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

So you were one of them?

Kuol, besides being badly managed from the moment we signed him, has not shown any desire to do anything more than get a transfer back to the Central Coast Mariners. He's a young refugee kid who has moved away from his family for the first time in his life. He was overhyped by the local football media here before he was signed and then thought he was Saniatgo Munez of Goal.

Shame because as an Australian NUFC supporters you want him to do well and make the first team squad.

Nope, I just don't write off 19yr old kids when there are mitigating circumstances to his lack of impact.

I dunno if he'll make it, in all likelihood he won't, so few actually do, but his time at Hearts was disrupted by a managerial change, as was his time at Vollendam. Who knows how much those changes stymied his progress? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Nope, I just don't write off 19yr old kids when there are mitigating circumstances to his lack of impact.

I dunno if he'll make it, in all likelihood he won't, so few actually do, but his time at Hearts was disrupted by a managerial change, as was his time at Vollendam. Who knows how much those changes stymied his progress? 

I do. I was all of the managers in question in various disguises. He's just shit.

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I do. I was all of the managers in question in various disguises. He's just shit.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 4

On 15/09/2022 at 20:04, sammynb said:

Plus besides CCM have been shite for most of their time as a footballing enitity and it often has been a toss up between them and the Wellington Wankers, I mean Phoenix, for the wooden spoon, with the Jets just (scrapping) in above them.

The last two season were anomalies, they will return to be shite soon.

Not sure you want to be digging up too much history on predictions @sammynb :lol:

Screenshot_20240711_223501_Chrome.thumb.jpg.32aab3b1defc4499251742c98ba978f3.jpg

Screenshot_20240711_223654_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6610c6eff89d8850d9a36cfedd5c9ec4.jpg

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season