Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I think that’s the papers

So is the story that your lot are shooting the messenger for your commercial income indiscretions 👀

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So is the story that your lot are shooting the messenger for your commercial income indiscretions 👀

now now.

"alleged" commercial income indiscretions

• Haha 5

The problem with Trippier is that when the team has the ball he is an outstanding player. When he doesn't have it, he leaves a lot to be desired because he is very short to be a defender, he usually plays very forward when he doesn't play and he is not very intelligent when it comes to calling offside.

But that's not new. It already happened to him at Tottenham and it happened to him at Atlético. It all depends on how the team plays so that its strengths or shortcomings can be seen more. He is capable of generating a large number of dangerous plays both with the ball in motion and from set pieces.

As for his personal life, I don't want to go into that, but I do know that he had a very bad time at Atlético last year. Although I understand that it is different. According to other colleagues, he never adapted to life in Spain. His wife and his children ended up going to live in Manchester and he was alone in Madrid. And that made him play much worse his senior year.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

What do you think about Gallagher? looks like Chelsea want to sell him.

I think he is a decent PL player and would fit well into our high press midfield. He’d cost much more than he is worth though.

• Like 5

He sees himself as box to box midfielder rather than an outright 6 right? In that role he doesn't start over Bruno, Joe, Tonali or Willock. And even as a 6 we would probably find better value elsewhere with our limited budget. Pass

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

He’s a marginal upgrade on longstaff and would use up around half our budget for a position we’re not desperate to bolster.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diego21 said:

not much better than Longstaff tbh. Does a similar job, ie runs around a lot, without scoring or creating much 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Well fuck me gently. i wouldn’t have thought he was a José player.  

He's the exact player Jose needs in his team. The one he can throw under the bus he parked on his own 6 yard box.

Edited by Dazzler
  • Jaysus... 1

24 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He's the exact player Jose needs in his team. The one he can throw under us he parked on his own 6 yard box.

Makes you think.

ASM must’ve made a fucking fortune with his last 3 moves. Pleased for him if it happens as it’s a much more competitive league and he’s too young to be seeing out his career in Saudi Arabia 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

ASM must’ve made a fucking fortune with his last 3 moves. Pleased for him if it happens as it’s a much more competitive league and he’s too young to be seeing out his career in Saudi Arabia 

It’s not that competitive he’s leaving for one of the two clubs there that have just appointed one of the most decorated managers of all time. It’s not like he’s went to one of the shitter teams to truly experience Turkish football - hooliganism and racism.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season