Eddie Howe

Tom

43 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Aye Klopp would be the best man for the job, but I think he'll turn it down if offered. Also think Howe will and it'll be Poch or Potter.

no.way would i accept that german bin dipping cunt as our manager.

I'd immediately launch in to a rendition of the bombers song, if I knew the words or gave a fuck about the national team.

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Aye Klopp would be the best man for the job, but I think he'll turn it down if offered. Also think Howe will and it'll be Poch or Potter.

I wonder how the peoples front of Liverpool would deal with that ? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Imagine that cunt fist pumping the England crowd. I think I’d puke in my mouth. 

He’d have to stop for a fag and relube after the first 10,000. 

I don’t think Howe would want it. Based on his time here, he wants players of the right character and work ethic, and he trains them hard for months before he trusts them to play in his system. I just don’t see how that works in international management, where he would get so little time with the players, and would be forced to play the big names even if they don’t put the graft in.

Also, he doesn’t feel like the sort the FA would pick, i.e. he’s obvious quality. They’ll give it to Carsley as interim, he’ll win a couple of matches against shit teams in qualifying, and will “earn” the permanent job.

I don't mind the idea of it being Carsley tbh, won the U21 Euros last summer with Gordon getting player of the tournament.

De la Fuente just came up through the age ranks at Spain and won the Euros.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

I don't mind the idea of it being Carsley tbh, won the U21 Euros last summer with Gordon getting player of the tournament.

De la Fuente just came up through the age ranks at Spain and won the Euros.

Aye. If that's the system they're trying to develop, then you have to implement it when the moment arises. If you continue to have your head turned by the big name, then your England DNA framework is just empty words. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

I'll be shocked if Howe goes for several reasons.

He's on the up as a club manager and is at a club with tons of ambition and (rules aside) resources to keep growing.

In his sit down interview with Neville you can tell that he slots into that "football perv" niche that the top managers do, he fucking LOVES it, training, planning all of it. He'd miss it if he stepped into the international job.

It takes a while for players to settle into Howes way of playing and training. Bruno took a while to get into the starting line up, Gordon has said he was not at the level needed physically or tactically when he joined us, hence needing 6 months to really get into the side at all. You don't get to do that with international players.

Given how the club were with Man U and Ashworth, and the fact that Howe signed a contract extension last summer, we'll want a fucking fortune for him.

The only thing I could think of that might tempt him, is that he would be getting the job right at the start of a tournament cycle, with a really talented group of players and he may back himself to go to the World Cup with them and actually win it.

• Like 7

There's also the small matter of Howe collecting a bunch of tired players at the end of a season, taking them to the World Cup, and trying to convince them that intensity remains their identity as they wilt in the heat of Mexico/Florida. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He's on the up as a club manager and is at a club with tons of ambition and (rules aside) resources to keep growing.

In his sit down interview with Neville you can tell that he slots into that "football perv" niche that the top managers do, he fucking LOVES it, training, planning all of it. He'd miss it if he stepped into the international job.

It takes a while for players to settle into Howes way of playing and training. Bruno took a while to get into the starting line up, Gordon has said he was not at the level needed physically or tactically when he joined us, hence needing 6 months to really get into the side at all. You don't get to do that with international players.

Given how the club were with Man U and Ashworth, and the fact that Howe signed a contract extension last summer, we'll want a fucking fortune for him.

The only thing I could think of that might tempt him, is that he would be getting the job right at the start of a tournament cycle, with a really talented group of players and he may back himself to go to the World Cup with them and actually win it.

I'd imagine that'll he'll have let the club know in no uncertain terms that they had to keep the likes of bruno, isak, gordon and they have.

can't see him walking out himself now. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I don't know if you have seen it, but the video of some of the players returning after their break?  Big Joe knocks on Howe's door and goes in and he gets a big hug off him.  That's what you get from Wor Eddie when you have put the graft and time in for him.  You do that and you get the full respect and trust from him.  You aint getting that in international football because you just don't get the time with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Are we sure that Eales doesn’t want his own man though? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Are we sure that Eales doesn’t want his own man though? 

Given that he was at Spurs when they appointed Vilas Boas, Sherwood and eventually Poch(though eales left a few months after that one) I would say I hope not.

Mitchells the one to look out for.

I'd be shocked if either were stupid enough to let Howe go unless we're doing really shit though.

• Like 1

Tory boy on the recent TF poddy was talking about Howe this season.  I think if he doesn't get a Top 6 he will be gone.  BUT, like they said.  He needs backing.  

I really can't see us getting rid of Howe.  It would seriously fuck the atmospherics up.

• Like 1

Pretty convinced Howe will take the job if offered. Not only does it get his family back down south and probably a big long contract, but I think he will feel duty bound to go for it. Patriotism and all that shit.

Gutted if he goes but wouldn’t blame him. Would also love to see England playing his type of football. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Pretty convinced Howe will take the job if offered. Not only does it get his family back down south and probably a big long contract, but I think he will feel duty bound to go for it. Patriotism and all that shit.

Gutted if he goes but wouldn’t blame him. Would also love to see England playing his type of football. 

Presumably this is part of your portfolio,

il_570xN.4223465206_kgq2.jpg

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

He's just moved his family up here, talks about his fondness for the region, and his kids are now settled in school up here. 

Also, St George's Park is based in Burton on Trent. Its a 190 mile commute from Bournemouth. The exact same distance as it is from Newcastle. 

Other than that, GREAT POINTS. 

• Haha 8

It's too soon for Eddie, give it to him in 8 years when things have gone a bit stale at Newcastle following 5 Champions League wins on the bounce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just after you were moving your finger closer to the pulse you come along like this and sever your finger entirely.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Stop acting like a teenage girl trying to have a period.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So we can get out an interview with Eales and interview with Joe, but we can’t get Eddie to say “not interested”.

Disagreeing Oh No GIF by Eternal Family

Angry What Are You Doing GIF by Britannia

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

So we can get out an interview with Eales and interview with Joe, but we can’t get Eddie to say “not interested”.

Disagreeing Oh No GIF by Eternal Family

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cps69wq2lyb68bkc1mou7

• Haha 2