Eddie Howe

Tom

I think Howe would be a brilliant England manager if he decided to take it btw. He'd bring the nice guy Eddie thing, so it would be continuation Southgate from that pov, but with tactical and coaching nous that Southgate could only dream of.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

I see this line getting mentioned a lot. Graham Taylor aside, I can't recall anyone who falls into that category - any people tend to forget a good proportion of his time was with Lineker past his best and Gascoigne & Shearer lost to long term injuries. 

Robson and Venables are two examples that immediately spring to mind to support the view you can be successful and both club and international football management.

I just think Eddie likes the day to day routine at the moment of club management. 

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

I see this line getting mentioned a lot. Graham Taylor aside, I can't recall anyone who falls into that category - any people tend to forget a good proportion of his time was with Lineker past his best and Gascoigne & Shearer lost to long term injuries. 

Robson and Venables are two examples that immediately spring to mind to support the view you can be successful and both club and international football management.

Keegan? 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I just think Eddie likes the day to day routine at the moment of club management. 

Agreed. but seeing how he used his time out between Bournemouth and when he signed for us, he seems like a bloke who knows exactly how to use windows of ‘time off’ to his full advantage.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Keegan? 

Good shout, although I do think we got the absolute best out of him during his first stint with us.

The reason Keegan didn't work for England was because he cared too much. Robson suffered from this as well at times, but not to the same extent as Keegan did. Bottom line is the national press are absolute cunts and treat the national manager like dogshit. Just the sort of added pressure they don't need to deliver a trophy. The expectation is way too high.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Keegan? 

You could argue the England job wrecked McClaren too. He’d done a great job at boro and never truly recovered from managing the country.

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

You could argue the England job wrecked McClaren too. He’d done a great job at boro and never truly recovered from managing the country.

mclaren.gif.8d5dff459e549e9ade58d0169e6d158b.gif

• Haha 2

I’m grabbing my boom box and heading to howe’s now. Gonna blast this and hope he gets the hint.

Sincerely hope Howe tells the FA to do one. We need stability at the moment and more departures from central people is not going to deliver that.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Howe was one of the very few reasons I wouldn’t have minded England to win.

If Howe goes it's the Toontastic Southgate hounders who are to blame, twats every single one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Howe and Poch rumours will be swirling for the foreseeable until the FA make their move. Poch seems like the logical choice to replace him here should he wish to go for it, but then I think Poch could well be a shrewd choice for England too.

lot of the twaterati are saying howe to england then poch to us, given his links with our new dof

Sarina Wiegman is amongst the candidates being considered. It’d almost be worth it to watch your average misogynistic, xenophobic right-wing gammons having an absolute meltdown. :lol:

• Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

lot of the twaterati are saying howe to england then poch to us, given his links with our new dof

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

3 hours ago, Dazzler said:

I think it's a non-starter. Potter is nailed on for me.

Howe would be class with England I think, but at the same time I don't think he'd like the waiting around and the boredom. He'd have too much time on his hands.

Potter, who failed miserably at Chelsea in managing the star names, and is about as close to Southgate as you can get personality wise, would be a disaster imo. I honestly can't look past Klopp. 

I’ve checked out that much I’m not even particularly arsed about this 

Samuel Allardycio might be worth a shout or Esteban Brucio? I seem to recall they were highly rated, (by others) when they were with us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s exactly what I expected. At least Poch is a step up on Jose rumours.