Howe's Brazil Black and White Army v Fat Franks Right Wing Red Wall Bluedippers

wykikitoon

I’ve watched that Trippier free kick a shitload and the quality of it is just incredible. 

We’re really not looking like a team that should be going down. Look at that atmosphere! Incredible! 

Also that’s two free kicks in two games, a nice string to our bow. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

These are right in the shit now. I fucking told yous! 

IIIIII FUCKEN TOLD YAZZZZZZ. 

I don't think they'll go down, but the more teams in the mix, the better, if you ask me. Which you didn't but I'm telling you anyway.

12 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The balding Frank Lampards Scouse makems are fuckin gash.

Reported.

11 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: she has a particularly tortuous way of not saying very much. 

I feel seen.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I said at the start of the thread that Howe will start to be judged now he’s had all that money to spend. Well, I like what I’m seeing.

The press was well-drilled. They are clearly playing for him. What a contrast in style and application to the start of the season and how refreshing to see a midfield packed with energy play on play on the front foot and dominate an opposition. It’s taken a few weeks but you can see the work that’s gone in on the training ground bearing fruit at last. 

If I’m being hyper-critical I’m still not sure how Chris Wood fits into this side. He just doesn’t seem suited to Howe’s system and style of play. Lacks the mobility to play up front on his own or to press effectively off the ball. The only weak link last night. Even Lascelles had a mostly good game. 

I think any squad moving from 7 days off from 11, to a pressing game was always going to take time to adjust. Remember him blaming the Sports Scientists for all the cheat days? But you only have to look at the uptick in our pressing game and how we don't look paggered by 90s minutes to see that days off doesn't get you fitter.

I think Chris Wood wasn't bought for this side, I think he was bought because he was immediately available, for a palatable price. Couple of people on Twitter were saying we should have gone for Weghorst, but I honestly think if we'd try to sign him, we'd have had to have paid twice the price to get him, and he's more of a gamble than Wood is.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yes, Bruno comes in for shelvey for me. Not that Shelvey has done much wrong but Willock and Joelinton were crucial last night.

Add Bruno to the mix and we have a trio capable of playing at a high tempo . I haven’t seen enough of Bruno to know if we would miss shelvey’s passing but those are the three that that seem best suited to Howe’s pressing game plan. It might also free Willock up to play a little closer to Wood. 

Bruno is plenty capable of longer passes, but I think him + Willock and Joelinton in the centre (and the two fullbacks) will mean we don't need to rely on that longer passing game.

It's a real shame that Targett will miss the next game, because he looked so assured at left back and that gave ASM a much better platform to start from.

• Like 4

It was a special game last night, and I do hope to that it'll be one that's talked about for years to come in the sense that it was the start of the recovery. 

Majority of the players played at the top of their game, the whole siege mentality was there within the ground and the fans were incredible in their support throughout. 

It was the perfect advert for those being headhunted for summer and hopefully made those who have come in Jan realise that this place isn't just about the money. 

They'll come down with a bump when they have to go back to Darsley this morning though..

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

However it was such a special night to be there. The flags were in the Leazes, the crowd was well up for it and tortured Pickford on every touch.

There was a lovely inflatable T. Rex right in front of me and it was a few rows behind the goal. When Pickford took his place in goal at the start, there was a lovely 10 second stare off between the two and you could tell he was seething :lol: 

Everything’s already been said about the game and I agree with all the praise being heaped on the team.

How refreshing though going into the last 10 minutes of a game, chilled and knowing we are going to win.

Even the walk back to the car with chants ringing out around the ground was wonderful.

The biggest plus on the night was seeing that we can get goals from other individuals. What a relief.

Bring on Villa :nufc:

6157BC3F-5188-4892-AAB3-2F0E689847FA.png

Reading through this thread avoiding work. This.

We've got our mojo back, going to SJP is an absolute pleasure now rather than a chore. Fucking loved last night. And the best thing is, it's only going to get better.

:nufc:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There was a point in the second half where the Everton players clearly got frustrated and started making some snidey tackles, think it started when that drip Gordon went for Trippier. Trippier then wound the little urchin up and he clattered ASM, what followed that was about 5 crunching, clear the player out type tackles from our lot and the Everton players wanted absolutely no fucking part of it :lol:. Absolutely brilliant stuff to see from a side that’s looked devoid of any interest to one that completely dominates the physical side of a match like that. 

• Like 5

Was just having a scan through one of the Everton forums and came across this amazing post when our second went in :lol: Presumably some manner of swear filter on there...

[Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] TEAM [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] MANAGER EVERTON ARE [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] CRAP [Poor language removed] THEM WE’RE GOING DOWN

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’d rather see Manquillo slightly out of position at LB on Sunday than Ritchie at this point tbh. 

Manquillo's bit of skill in the back corner near the end was lovely stuff, beat one player and won the throw in off the next.

Villa, West Ham, Brentford and Brighton the next four, and if the team take as much confidence as they should from last nights result and performance, then I don't see why we can't go on a bit of a run and take 8 to 10 points. All four sides form has been spotty at best, with Brentford looking to be in free-fall and Brighton struggling to score. My only slight worry for Sunday is with Targett ineligible and Trippier a doubt, what's likely in large part made us much more solid, as in having decent full backs played in their favoured positions, will be missing. Hopefully Bruno will start and absolutely boss the midfield thereby making my concern moot 😄 But yeah if we can go on a run, which hopefully two on the bounce is the start of, we could be well on our way to safety by the first week in March.

Edit. I will say that I'd trust Dummett at LB and Manquillo at RB to do a job for us for the Villa game, but it becomes a bit more difficult if Dummett is going to be out for an extended period of time. Now that I'm thinking though Burn can play LB so we likely won't have to rely on Ritchie to fill in.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Villa, West Ham, Brentford and Brighton the next four, and if the team take as much confidence as they should from last nights result and performance, then I don't see why we can't go on a bit of a run and take 8 to 10 points.

I think if this picture turns out to come true, we'll be home free as far as relegation is concerned.

• Like 1

Btw I know he was only on for about 5 minutes but Bruno looks exciting. Could have even ended with an assist if ASM’s late chance went in (I know it was great play by ASM who had a lot to do but the slide pass from Bruno was the type of vision in CM we’ve lacked). Immediately got stuck in to that midfield battle as well, which the Everton lot were shirking. 

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think if this picture turns out to come true, we'll be home free as far as relegation is concerned.

I think 1 more consecutive win might be enough, at this stage. If we get another in the next game - in relegation battles its 50% mental / 50% ability imo. 

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 1