a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

waiting in the queue on multiple devices doesn’t boost your chances? Good to know 

You just log on whenever and register your interest, fill in your bank details should you be lucky and choose the category you want and then wait for an email telling you if you're lucky, no email, no ticket. Took me till Leeds around Christmas to not get one last year, first game this time.

• Sad 1

£47 for a liverpool ticket.

trying to remember if it was £40 or £42 last season? anyway, although not as bad as the hike in price for aston villa tickets over the 2 seasons it's still another canny mark up.

more and more of the opinion that the ONLY thought process in the new membership scheme has been ro fleece an unlimited amount of members for as much money as it can.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I entered in the ballot for a single tier one ticket at £62, I think it was. Presumed it would give me the best odds. Toyed with the idea of 1892 and platinum club, but figured there might be fewer of those available than the higher tier tickets. Possibly less demand too as it’s such a soulless part of the ground so fuck knows.

Anyone got any clue which  ticket band gives you the best odds of success? 20k plus had already entered the ballot before I logged on a few minutes ago so I’m not hugely optimistic 

I don’t mind paying a bit extra if it means I get to the see the bastard match as I only go to a handful of games a season. Just need to decipher which tier ticket gives you the best chance of getting in 

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbh am reading ewerk’s post as “are any of you daft enough to spunk £500 to watch a football match with me?” :lol: 

TBH I've just trying to work out if I can drink £500 worth of booze in the allotted time.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

TBH I've just trying to work out if I can drink £500 worth of booze in the allotted time.

A pal of mine got so arseholed in one of the boxes that he staggered out a good while after the match had ended, went to get the bus near the central station, saw some Grimsby fans, gave them stick after he got jumped on down there in the previous game against them, he then got howked again and so became the only Newcastle fan alive to be chinned home and away by Grimsby. The point of course is you can get very drunk in those places.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Alex said:

One of those ‘happened to a mate of mine’ stories? ;) 

Howay man. Like a peasant from Wallsend* can afford corporate. 

I've been to a few do's at "the rooftops" as it happens. Way back when it was much less salubrious under Ashley. Iirc they actually closed that area latterly because of lack of demand. View wise its probably no better than my seat but will cost as much for a single match as my ST. 

* Mandatory safety ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

sinister as fuck this mind, they're gonna set up the scanners at man city to deliberately reject random tickets so they can haul you off to a ticket office and photo id you.

I don't think I want any part of this shite.

:(

https://www.nufc.com/

So a system that has worked for decades is being changed because a group of people who never bothered using it, now want to use it?

• Like 1