a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Anyone know when the Liverpool tickets go on sale? Roughly? I’m abroad and not able to be online as much as normal 

For any Americans reading this, it means Gloom is out of the country, it’s not him coming out as trans.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Anyone know when the Liverpool tickets go on sale? Roughly? I’m abroad and not able to be online as much as normal 

.com sez

Sun 27.08.2023 Liverpool (h) @ SJP, 4.30pm. Premier League. Ticket sale details awaited.

• Like 1

had a bash at the resale queue with a few devices. I'd imagine there was only a handful of tickets up for grabs, didn't deter at least 34,000 chancing their luck!  :lol:

best place of 2400 got me on the website after 12 minutes and there was 80 or so 14-17 year old tickets dotted about the leazes/milburn for £15. I like to think of meself as the peter pan of newcastle's support but would have to concede I'm probably not gonna get away with looking like I still go to school! 

tv it is then.  :( 

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Sad 1

A fuckin ballot. Queuing up online or round the fuckin stadium is how it’s traditionally done. If you’re motivated enough you’ll likely be successful more often than not . I have a strange feeling that  certain sections of the stadium will be put aside for corporate punters rather than those who traditionally attended SJP . I have absolutely no proof of this but they’d  increasingly started to do it with away tickets last season :cuppa: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

A fuckin ballot. Queuing up online or round the fuckin stadium is how it’s traditionally done. If you’re motivated enough you’ll likely be successful more often than not . I have a strange feeling that  certain sections of the stadium will be put aside for corporate punters rather than those who traditionally attended SJP . I have absolutely no proof of this but they’d  increasingly started to do it with away tickets last season :cuppa: 

I imagined a stadium full of nerds a while back. Need to sort the men from the boys.

• Like 1

The club should buy these back and ban the members that are doing it. And make a big deal of it. It'll either stop happening or they'll eventually ban everyone that's pulling this shit.

It's not unlimited memberships that caused this, it's unlimited cunts.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The club should buy these back and ban the members that are doing it. And make a big deal of it. It'll either stop happening or they'll eventually ban everyone that's pulling this shit.

It's not unlimited memberships that caused this, it's unlimited cunts.

bit of both I think.

nowt to stop a red dipper from joining as a member next week and taking a punt at getting a ticket in the home end.

and that's before you even start on the seating debacle. ludicrous to stick some poor old fucker with dodgy knees, hip and fading eye sight up in the back row of l7.

likewise I'd be tempted to sell a ticket on if id got one in the front row next to the corner flag, although not at a profit obviously. 

whole thing has been done without any thought other than maximise revenue and it's a major fuck up by the club.

not that I'm bitter or owt about not getting a ticket!

Just now, ewerk said:

Surely they can't expect a man of your advanced years to stand for 90 minutes?

:lol:

Last time I had a season ticket I stood all game like everyone else did, it was the back row of the gallowgate. 

21 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Last time I had a season ticket I stood all game like everyone else did, it was the back row of the gallowgate. 

How did Tony Green play that day?

• Haha 2

I'd imagine there's been a flurry of new membership purchases with liverpool postcodes today. 

no mention of any kind of previous purchase to enter the ballot in the blurb on the official site whereas there has been in the past for this fixture.

whole thing is an unregulated shambles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

ballot for the liverpool game opens tomorrow, closes 10am thursday, can't see there being much interest in getting tickets for this one.

how does the ballot work? Is there any point in logging on early?